Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uthgh0$28e7g$4@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2024 10:34:08 -0400

-hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On 3/19/24 4:39 PM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
>> -hh wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

>>> Which ones are as low for setup & maintenance as Apple?  Name names.
>>
>> Debian. Ubuntu. Arch.
>>
>> That's just the ones I've used. I left out Gentoo because it takes a bit more
>> effort at setup time.
>
> So what websites can I go buy these distro's preinstalled on the hardware?

I believe you've already been told. But,...

Starting with bare metal, tell me how to install MacOS on an "Apple".

>> All Linux distros are great at maintenance.
>
> And MacOS and Windows isn't?  They've also had "auto-update" for years now.

LOL at Windows "auto-update".  Slow, and often requiring reboots. And no real
choice about it these days.

> One needs to experience just how well integrated the various 'ecosystem'
> pieces are to appreciate them.

:-D

When I hear the word "integrated", my mind translates it as "vendor lock-in".
Rampant in the domain in which I work.

--
You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass.