Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utiu27$2ms4l$1@dont-email.me>

From: The True Doctor <agamemnon@hello.to.NO_SPAM>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.drwho
Subject: Re: Midnights become my afternoons
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 03:31:18 +0000

On 21/03/2024 10:27, Blueshirt wrote:
> The True Doctor wrote:

>>> I think you'll find the 2023 Doctor Who specials were in UHD
>>> on the iPlayer... well, the BBC certainly announced they
>>> would be anyway.
>>
>> They were not in UHD for anyone wanting to watch them on a PC.
>> You don't even get normal Full HD on iPlayer.
>
> What set up do you have if you are not getting UHD on the
> iPlayer? (For the selected programmes that are filmed in UHD
> obviously!) Can your PC monitor - and internet connection -
> handle 4K streams?

UHD is explicitly forbidden from being streamed on PCs by the BBC on
iPlayer. Do you even use it?

> I have checked and the 2023 Doctor Who specials were streamed in
> UHD on the iPlayer. I assume you have also checked the iPlayer
> video settings? (Cog in the playback bar.)

You can only watch UHD on iPlayer with a 4K streaming stick plugged into
your TV or via the iPlayer app on the TV itself. PC users have been
fucked by the BBC. iPlayer doesn't even stream to your monitor in Full HD.

> You are constantly reminding us that you pay for a UK TV
> licence, so e-mail BBC iPlayer support if you think you should
> be getting a better picture quality from your iPlayer streams.

Why don't you actually do some research for a change.

--
The True Doctor https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngrZwoS0n21IRcXpKO79Lw

"To be woke is to be uninformed which is exactly the opposite of what it
stands for." -William Shatner