Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utkeu3$31623$1@sibirocobombus.campaignwiki>

From: kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.games.frp.dnd
Subject: Re: [Polygon] Larian Studios wont make any more Baldurs Gate games
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 18:25:24 +0100

On 3/22/2024 4:20 PM, Spalls Hurgenson wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 10:40:47 +0100, kyonshi <gmkeros@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Source:
>> https://www.polygon.com/24107939/baldurs-gate-3-larian-studios-no-more-dnd-wizards-of-the-coast
>>

>> Larian Studios won’t make any more Baldur’s Gate games
>
> There's also a D&D survival video game in development, which
> superficially sounds interesting (in many ways, D&D was the original
> survival game, especially once outdoor adventures were introduced ;-)
> but will probably just be the another "Ark: Evolved" or "Sons of the
> Forest" except with a D&D skin applied to it. That it's being
> developed by Gameloft - who primarily makes mobile games - doesn't
> inspire a lot of hope either.

I would argue that Avalon Hill's Outdoor Survival was the original
survival game.
Especially as original D&D used the map from that as their own game
board. (which is I think because Dave Arneson did that in his campaign).

Wait a moment, isn't Avalon Hill by now owned by Hasbro? I sense some
opportunity none of them have likely considered yet.

I don't have any belief in that survival game being any good. Unless
Gameloft decides to actually put effort in this will be just random
shit. And considering WotC is in milk-the-cash-cow mode right now, I
doubt anyone will put actual effort into that.