Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utks3h$35980$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Inconvenient lefties
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 21:10:09 -0000 (UTC)

As you may recall, Gov Pritzker had kindly offered to run for president
in 2024 if Biden weren't running and if anybody in the party wanted him
to. The party very much DID NOT want Pritzker to run for president in
2024 under any circumstances.

So Chicago got the Democratic convention instead.

For those who don't know, the United Center (1994), home of the Bulls
and Blackhawks, was built to house the 1996 Democratic convention.

We have the usual ritual. Protestors seek a permit to protest. Cops
claim there aren't enough cops to police both the convention and the
protestors.

Will the protestors kindly relocate into the middle of Lake Michigan?
Well, they were offered Columbus Drive in Grant Park. Now, protestors at
the 1968 convention did not care about the International Ampitheater, on
the near south side. They did march in Grant Park, because it was across
the street from the convention hotel the Stevens Hotel (ok ok, it's been
the Hilton since 1951) and downtown tv stations could film them.

The protestors are suing to march near the convention.