Article <utl2d3$36nj8$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utl2d3$36nj8$1@dont-email.me>

From: Hank Rogers <Hank@nospam.invalid>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:57:35 -0500

david wrote:
> On this Fri, 22 Mar 2024 17:09:40 -0500, Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> Your Name wrote:

>>> Why?? Because only Apple makes an iPhone? What complete crap.
>>>
>>> What about Toyota being the only ones making a Corolla? What about
>>> McDonalds only making Big Macs? What about... Every company on the
>>> planet has their own copyrighted products.
>>>
>>> So you can only install iPhone apps from the Apple App Store ... 99.9%
>>> of their customers couldn't give a flying crap. It's only the whining
>>> greedy scumbags and the conspiracy nutters who are complaing about it.

>>> That wasn't the point. If you want to sell your app on the Google Play
>>> Store or the Epic Store, then you'll have to pay them for the privlege
>>> ... just like they were complaining about Apple making them pay to have
>>> their apps on the Apple App Store. It's the usual two-faced bullshit
>>> we've come to expect from these greedy scum who complain about Apple
>>> only to then do exactly the same thing.
>>>
>>> Apple has basically become the fall guy and is sued by every idiot
>>> simply because Apple has a lot of money that every greedy scumbag on the
>>> planet wants to try and grab a handful off, no matter what idiotic
>>> reason they can dredge up.  :-(
>>>

>> Not to worry. Relax. Apple has lots of greedy scumbag lawyers too! Apple
>> also has a HUGE amount of money at their disposal (that's how they can
>> afford those scumbag lawyers). They'll simply peel off a few million and
>> pay some fines and settlement cash, then back to business as usual. In a
>> month, they'll have even more money than they started with.
>>
>> It's been done many times in their past.
>
> You hit upon why Apple gets caught in so many heinous lies.
> Lying is part of Apple's overall business plan.
>
> They have the money to settle the lawsuits arising from their lies.
> Smaller companies can't afford to lie.
>
> One lie could put smaller companies out of business.
> For Apple, lying about what they did is just part of their business plan.

Yes, it's just unbridled capitalism, and apple has managed to ascend to the
very top of the gadget pyramid. Many other companies would dearly love to
be as rich and greedy as apple, and by god, they're all trying their best.

They are like the Ferengis in some of the old star trek programs. They're
just following the "Rules of acquisition".