Article <utl6fv$1moef$1@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utl6fv$1moef$1@solani.org>

From: Physfitfreak <Physfitfreak@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy,sci.physics
Subject: Re: A Problem To Solve :-)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 19:07:27 -0500
 <uohk04$ndab$2@solani.org> <up4385$11vs3$1@solani.org>
 <upl2ru$19kpu$1@solani.org> <upq42l$1c60v$1@solani.org>
 <ups2ld$1d50k$3@solani.org> <uqchvt$1b5k$1@solani.org>
 <uqj214$4n5g$1@solani.org> <uqscuu$9b97$1@solani.org>
 <ur45p8$db29$1@solani.org> <urlmqs$mk3p$1@solani.org>
 <uru46k$r281$1@solani.org> <us803n$vq9u$1@solani.org>
 <usdil4$12kro$1@solani.org> <usl7l5$16vel$1@solani.org>
 <ut5b51$1eobe$1@solani.org> <ut615g$1feb3$1@solani.org>

On 3/17/2024 1:04 AM, Physfitfreak wrote:
> On 3/16/2024 6:48 PM, Physfitfreak wrote:
>>

>> On the menu board, how was the price of the three fillets expressed in
>> continued fractions?
>>

> But the stupid clerk had made a mistake in explaining the pricing. When
> Physfit called Long John Silvers and asked for the pricing again, since
> what the clerk had told him was impossible, they explained that it was
> the numerator of the reduced fraction that the continued fraction would
> reduce into, which gave the price of the meal, not the whole fraction.
>
> Then Physfit regenerated the continued fraction, at home, that
> represented the price of the three fillets on the menu board.
>
> If Physfit could do this, anyone could do that too, right? Hehe :)

It was a pretty simple task, but still fun to do :) He turned off his
Aspire One mini laptop dedicated to DOS with qBASIC on it, and placed it
inside his backpack. Then on a hunch, he got it out and placed it on the
desk again!... He decided to upgrade to QB64, baby. And that was that.
It was time.

So Physfit began the process of installing Windows 10 on it, making sure
it was a pirated copy, not a paid for one. When the never ending process
began, he sat back and started to calculate the bill that he intended to
charge Microsoft for using up that much of his time.

He charged Microsoft for each millisecond of his time exactly $100. And
since the unbelievingly rude process took no less than 8 hours to get
finished with all the updates, etc, the bill charged to Microsoft came
to: $2,880,000,000.00 i.e. $2.88 billion.

He then used the KMS thingy and validated it and the Office that came
with it both.

Then someone knocked on his door. It was about 6 pm and none of those
power company salesmen would come this late to beg. So Physfit stood up
and went opened the door. It was Bill Gates, in his swimming suit,
who've gotten there the moment the news of installing a pirated Windows
had reached him.

Physfit: "Hmm... No wonder. You've got a camera up my cat's ass too?"

Gates:   "Did you just fucking use one of my company's Windows 10
operating system without paying for it?"

Physfit: "Did I? Oh, I think I did. Here, this is the bill for my time
spent on doing that. Why don't you first suck it, then be a good
American citizen and pay it promptly." And he handed the piece of paper
to him.

Gates looked down on the bill then looked up and said,

Gates:   "Make me!" He then turned toward his limousine and signaled to
someone inside, something.

Physfit reached behind the door and took the Mossberg leaning against
the wall and held it up straight towards Gate's face and racked it,
ready to deliver Texas logic. Then,

Physfit:  "You Yankee Seattlite Mofo stand on my portico, in Texas, IN
DALLAS to be exact, and ask me for money for the piece of crap job that
took 8 hours of my life to even begin responding? Didn't your wife teach
a thing or two about Dallas?... Do 4 things for me, you spoiled mofo:

    1. Kneel on the ground in front of me.
    2. Place one of your eyes on the tip of this barrel and look inside.
    3. Apologize for taking up 8 hours of my life's time, then knocking
on my door at 6 pm in swimming suit.
    4. Pay the fucking bill you have in your hands. It is due NOW, and
it has your fucking first name on it; or, I'll blow your misapprehending
Yankee head off and Greg Abbott will only smile when he's told of it."

Gates understood the situation (he was good at that) and knelt down and
removed his ugly eyeglasses and began looking inside the barrel, holding
the bill in one hand and using his other hand trying to reach his
asshole, of all the things in the world for a man to do.

Physfit:   "What are you doing behind you??..."

Gates:     "I'm trying to get $3 Billion out of my ass; do you mind?"

Physfit:   "I don't want to see such a Seattle act done in front of me.
Pay the bill later. You know fucking well what my bank account is, don't
you."

Bill Gates immediately jumped up and began running toward his limousine
while still covering his asshole tight with one hand, as if preventing
to get ass-fucked as well, on top of the whole thing.

So that was it.

Gates jumped inside the Limousine and darted away, and Physfit took a
look to the right and glanced at the magic mountain, then came in and
shut the door.

Without even looking, he pressed the little lever and racked again to
get the double-aught buckshot out and inserted it back in the magazine
tube below, held the gun downward, dry fired, then put the mighty
Mossberg back down where it always was, against the wall, and walked
back to his desk.

He installed QB64 phoenix edition, complete with Terry Ritchie's awesome
tutorial. And began studying the tutorial and doing the exercises on the
IDE.

"So much one-way love has gone into this..." Physfit thought to himself
as he read and did the tutorial. "The original 'Christianity' that these
cro-magnons call that version of Mithraism, can still be found if you
look hard. It isn't all gone... Hmm... I think it's probably impossible
for Mithraism to be all gone... What do you know."

He then continued, "And with all these features, it still enjoys
backward compatibility with all versions of BASIC of the past - could be
so even with the present ones." He wouldn't have to modify any of the
several little codes he'd recently written to test the usenet Bozos
with, and at the same time, forming a little library of useful little
codes of his own.

It got night, and with no prospect of Long John Silvers fish fillets and
coleslaw in sight for 48 hours, he went to bed with an empty stomach and
a head full of appreciation for QB64's mighty additional features, and
for that jewel of a tutorial.

Bed was still inside the livingroom, so as he watched the two skylights
on the ceiling, he reviewed what went on with Gate's visit, and he
thought to himself, "How long has it been that Americans have become so
immune to the abuses they get from their cutthroat businessmen? ..."

"Did it start with Reagan..., certainly not. They were already immune to
it for at least a couple of decades before Reagan's level of
outrageousness ensued."

He then continued, "Wasn't it in fact JFK that even worded it for them?
Hmm.. And the stupid morons loved that too! Yep, he was the one who
worded it first,

    'Aks not why your country fucks you in the ass - Aks why your
country doesn't fuck you in the throat also.'

.... right? Right! It was him. So Americans were already "American" by 1961."

He then fell asleep.

"What the...", he was at the drive-thru of Long John Silvers again!...
And better than that, he didn't even remember when was the last time
he'd had a meal. So why not! :-)

He looked up and scanned the menu board slowly, left and right, up and
down. "What the fuck is with it this time?.." He told to himself. It
took him a few seconds to understand the deal.