Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utmt5h$3nfco$1@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Ketanji Jackson Worried That the 1st Amendment is Hamstringing
 Government Censorship
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 11:40:31 -0400

On 3/23/24 11:26 AM, moviePig wrote:
> On 3/23/2024 3:16 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 Mar 2024 20:26:58 +0000, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Mar 22, 2024 at 4:08:21 AM PDT, "FPP" <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> No, I don't. Every time you bring that up, I ask you whether you
>>> think that
>>> it'd be okay for the government to make exceptions to Amendment XIX and
>>> prohibit women from voting since "no amendment is sacrosanct", after
>>> all. Or
>>> since "no amendment is sacrosanct", it'd be okay for the government to
>>> prohibit black people from voting (Amendment XV) and allow people to
>>> be owned
>>> as slaves (Amendment XIII).
>>>
>>> And that's when *you* go into a coma.
>>>
>> In other words the "reductio ad absurdem" argument where one defeats
>> an argument by showing where the logical extension from it leads to an
>> absurdity.
>
> "SOME amendments are sacrosanct", a theologism, is what's absurd here.

Noted lefty lib'rul Antonin Scalia on the 2nd Amendment and rights.

> “Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment right is not unlimited…. [It is] not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.”

He said "Like most rights"...  That was in the good old days when you
couldn't buy a Justice.  I don't see this illegitimate court having any
bounds.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0