Article <utn7de$3pu1f$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utn7de$3pu1f$2@dont-email.me>

From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 14:35:26 -0400

On 3/22/24 6:26 PM, Stéphane CARPENTIER wrote:
> Le 22-03-2024, -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com> a écrit :
>>
>> But if you grossly mess up and the recovery partition's been destroyed
>> too so as to truly need to do a bare metal install, the good news is
>> that all Macs for the past decade support having the OS reinstalled over
>> the Internet.
>
> It's really the useless part. I can effortlessly reinstall my OS any
> time I want. My concern in case of destruction is not about my OS but
> about my personal data.

Oh, so it is "useless" to be able to download the latest OS for a
machine without needing any other resources to go retrieve it?

FYI, not all PCs these days still have Optical Drives to put in a boot
disk.  Similarly, not many Users have a backup bootable OS on a USB
thumb drive, and even for those who do, that doesn't mean that they know
where it is ... or even that if they have it with them when traveling.

-hh