Article <utnqch$1o32m$7@solani.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utnqch$1o32m$7@solani.org>

From: Physfitfreak <Physfitfreak@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 18:59:12 -0500
 <ug4vui1sog06gsn7r2dep8t32pg539pnc9@4ax.com> <usq48p$dl57$1@dont-email.me>
 <17bc1de93bb4055f$981$3331982$802601b3@news.usenetexpress.com>
 <usr82n$19trd$4@solani.org> <ut4t4o$32464$1@dont-email.me>
 <65f600a1$0$8233$426a74cc@news.free.fr> <utcpgl$10gjc$1@dont-email.me>
 <uteb9m$1bjsl$2@dont-email.me> <utf5eu$1jl3d$1@dont-email.me>
 <utghut$1bjsl$3@dont-email.me> <utk5b5$2vlsq$1@dont-email.me>
 <2gqrvipoegof3gslf8p8lmnkveleoqpf3r@4ax.com>
 <l66i8cFe9t7U3@mid.individual.net> <utmhue$3k6u5$8@dont-email.me>
 <utmufm$3nhue$1@dont-email.me> <l68udsFoi1bU11@mid.individual.net>

On 3/23/2024 4:03 PM, rbowman wrote:
> Then there was the attempt to blacklist sports and porn sites.

In early 2000's it could get circumvented. All Mexican employees had to
watch soccer, and all of them did, at work :) They did it by some trick
they played on the browser which I don't remember. The browser wasn't
even supposed to be able to come up, but they brought it up, and went
straight to Spanish language soccer games.

All I remember, is that they did it using something about the help
feature of Microsoft. Then browser would come up!