Article <uto790$4g9n$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uto790$4g9n$3@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott2@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory
Subject: Re: Categorically exhaustive reasoning applied to the decision to
 abort
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 22:39:12 -0500

On 3/23/2024 9:54 PM, immibis wrote:
> On 24/03/24 03:40, olcott wrote:

>>> You proved that the requirement is not actually the requirement?
>>
>> I proved that it cannot be a coherent requirement, it can still
>> be an incoherent requirement. Try and think it through for yourself.
>
> Every program/input pair either halts some time, or never halts.
> Determining this is a coherent requirement.

That part is coherent. The many other details that are
not coherent could have never been discovered without
actually encoding them in fully operational code that
proves that some assumptions are false.

Prior to x86utm the answer to the halt status of the pathological
input was no one has any idea at all.

After the innovation of the x86utm operating system we can clearly
see that the input to H(D,D) is non-halting from the point of view of H.

*This is the part where honest and competent reviewers would agree*

How this pertains to the actual halting problem may have room for
differing opinions without error or deception.