Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utoafl$5avv$1@dont-email.me>

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for March 23-29, 2024
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2024 21:33:57 -0700

On 2024-03-23 21:53:50 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> 		Previously released:
>

> Bodies Bodies Bodies     (movie)         (Netflix, March 20)
>
> When a group of rich 20-somethings plan a hurricane party at a remote
> family mansion, a party game turns deadly in this fresh and funny look
> at backstabbing, fake friends, and one party gone very, very wrong.
> 2022 US film; 1h 34m.

It's been on Showtime for ages, and then on Max. Another flicks that's
come to Netlfix after several others.

> 		Saturday, March 23
>

> Kiss of Death      (movie)      (3:01 am, Tubi)
>
> When forced to take out a notorious crime boss, a devoted wife, mother
> and secret hit woman will do anything in her power to protect her
> identity and save her family. Stars Sheila Leason; 1hr 24min.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jphg8Y7Jq9M
>
> https://tubitv.com/movies/100018143/kiss-of-death
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31146252/

I don't really know who that is...

> Surviving the Sleepover    (movie)     (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> Having trouble fitting in at her new high school, outspoken teen Hannah
> is invited to a sleepover at the popular Melissa’s house, not realizing
> she was only invited to be the victim of a prank­-but when the night
> turns more sinister than intended, Hannah’s mother will become her only
> chance of surviving the night. Stars Sloan Mannino, Dawn Marie, Jenna
> Hogan, Joshua Bertell, and Sage Moore.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/surviving-the-sleepover
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31598188/

OK, am catching this one more than halfway into it - I'm not figuring
much out at this point, having missed a whole bunch...

> Shifting Gears        (movie)          (8 pm, Hallmark Channel)
>
> After female mechanic Jess reluctantly agrees to participate in a car
> restoration show, she is shocked to learn that her ex-boyfriend, Luke,
> is her main competitor. Will sparks reignite? [RM: Duh!] Stars. Tyler
> Hynes and Katherine Barrell.
>
> https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/shifting-gears
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt31519881/

Meh.

> Ramy Youssef: More Feelings          (comedy special)         (10 pm, HBO)
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDVlBxUiNk

Isn't this the dude that is a total fraud.

> 		Sunday, March 24
>

> My Acting Coach Nightmare    (movie)     (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>
> It’s been years since her husband passed away, and Lisa’s life finally
> has a solid foundation again­she has a high power job, a stable
> relationship with her longtime boyfriend Mark, and her teenage
> daughter, Sienna, is excelling in life. That is, until Sienna expresses
> her desire to become an actress. Reluctantly, Lisa signs Sienna up for
> her dream acting class. As classes come and go, it feels as though
> Sienna is becoming more distant from Lisa and more controlled by the
> coach of the acting class, Max. Could Sienna’s acting coach be grooming
> her for a high-powered Hollywood cult on the West Coast? Soon, Lisa
> finds herself racing to Hollywood save her daughter before it’s too
> late. Stars Samaire Armstrong, Cameron Jebo, Neela Jolene, and Erik von
> Detten.
>
> https://www.mylifetime.com/movies/my-acting-coach-nightmare
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt28324731/

Am almost certain to miss this one - will have to catch a later reairing.

> 		Tuesday, March 26
>
> 	Broadcast and cable:
>

> Just in Time          (movie)           (8 pm, Great American Family)
>
> In Just in Time, Hannah (Laura Osnes) and her husband, Rowan (Greyston
> Holt) have focused all their time, energy, and attention into trying to
> have a baby. The pressure to complete their family starts weighing
> heavily on their relationship. The couple is left questioning if having
> a child is the right thing to do and if they are still right for one
> another. When Hannah receives a call from a stranger named Franklin
> (Peter Bryant), who claims to have discovered an antique on the beach
> bearing an inscription unique to Hannah and Rowan, she reluctantly
> agrees to meet him to look. Franklin is certain the watch is a
> long-lost heirloom from Hannah’s family. In the end, Franklin’s patient
> approach helps Hannah see that the answers to all she seeks will be
> revealed in God’s time.

Wow. This won't be popular around here!!

> 		Thursday, March 28
>

> 	Streaming:
>

> The Baxters         [new; complete season 1?]          (12:01 am, Prime Video)
>
> An ensemble family drama based on the bestselling novels from Karen
> Kingsbury, that follows Elizabeth and John Baxter, and their adult
> children, as they navigate life's highs and lows, both with and without
> God. Roma Downey and Ted McGinley star; half-hour episodes. Ten
> episodes.

Another one that won't be popular around here.

> We Were the Lucky Ones        [new]           (12:01 am, Hulu)
>
> Joey King and Logan Lerman head the cast of an eight-episode adaptation
> of Georgia Hunter's 2017 best-seller about the true story of a Jewish
> family's years-long quest to reunite after being separated in Poland at
> the start of WWII. Three episodes are released today, while the rest
> are released once weekly through May 2.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOOn7Wb8sNw
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9114512/

I'm interested in this. But it being a series likely kills any chance
that I'll watch it.

> 	Broadcast and cable:
>

> None.
>
> Note: "Girl in the Video," listed as "new" by LMN tonight, was shown on
> Lifetime Channel in January.

Yep. And I'm not interested in it.

> 		Friday, March 29
>

> 	Streaming:
>

> Lisa Frankenstein      (movie; streaming premiere)       (3:01 am, Peacock)
>
> A coming of RAGE love story about a teenager and her crush, who happens
> to be a corpse. After a set of horrific circumstances bring him back to
> life, the two embark on a journey to find love, happiness - and a few
> missing body parts. 1h 41m.
>
> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt21188080/     [rating 6.1]
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POOeA3zCuUY

Kathryn Newton probably makes this a "Yes".