Article <utq3g9$j2em$1@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utq3g9$j2em$1@dont-email.me>

From: Oliver <ollie@invalid.net>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone
Subject: Re: Justice Department files antitrust suit against Apple
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 14:47:05 -0600

On Sat, 23 Mar 2024 17:09:06 +0000, Tyrone <none@none.none> wrote

>> Apple makes far more money by being anti-consumer than by abiding by laws.
>
> You keep saying that, but it makes no sense. And AGAIN, what laws is Apple not
> abiding? Because YOU don't like Apple does not mean they are breaking any
> laws.

That you think this is only about people who like Apple allowing Apple to
break any laws Apple wants to break simply because they happen to like
Apple products, makes no sense.

Nor does your claim that people who want Apple to follow the laws must not
like Apple, also makes no sense.

What your claims indicate is you have no argument based on any of the facts
as your entire argument hinges on you allowing Apple to break any laws
Apple wants to break simply because you happen to enjoy Apple's products.

> This DOJ case is all based on competitors whining that it is too difficult for
> them to make money selling software/whatever to Apple's customers. Well boo
> hoo. Apple is like 25% of the global market for phones and PCs. Try selling
> your stuff to the 75% of the market.

The DOJ is not an Apple competitor, and your claim that it is, is absurd.

> U.S. anti-trust laws exist to protect consumers.  Not competitors.

Again, you just made a wild claim that the DOJ is a competitor of Apple,
and in the next breath you said the DOJ is not a competitor of Apple.

None of your claims make any sense as they're all over the map emotionally.

> If you don't like the terms and conditions of the contract, THEN DON'T SIGN
> IT. If you don't like Apple THEN DON'T BUY AN IPHONE. Neither is grounds for a
> lawyers to get involved.

By your own argument, if you choose to fly Boeing planes, it's your fault,
not Boeings, that the door plugs and wheels fall off the plane because
Boeing is immune to the laws simply because you happen to like their
planes.

Your arguments are absurd that simply liking a company's product means the
company making that product doesn't have to follow any laws in selling it.