Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utqlm5$n3hi$1@dont-email.me>

From: Ian J. Ball <IJBall@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 17-23, 2024
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 15:57:26 -1000

On 2024-03-23 21:20:43 +0000, Robin Miller said:

> 	ABC news
>

> Ryan Murphy Series ‘Dr. Odyssey’ Starring Joshua Jackson Ordered By ABC
> (March 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/url-dr-odyssey-joshua-jackson-series-ryan-murphy-abc-1235863000/

Huge mistake - Ryan Murphy shows always suck, esp. after season #1.

> ‘9-1-1’ & ‘The Bachelor’ Crossover: Oliver Stark Teases “Fun Emergency”
> That Brings ABC Shows Together  (March 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/911-the-bachelor-crossover-oliver-stark-fun-emergency-abc-shows-1235861802/

Idiocy! [roll]

> 	CBS news
>

> CBS & CBS Studios Chiefs On Building ‘NCIS’ Universe: Pending Renewals,
> Possible Crossovers & Bringing Back Tiva  (March 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-universe-renewals-crossovers-tony-ziva-spinoff-origins-sydney-1235860633/

Are they out of ideas?!  ;p

> ‘NCIS: Sydney’ Renewed For Second Season By CBS  (March 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/ncis-sydney-renewed-second-season-cbs-1235862530/

Yes, I am aware - Robin beat me on this one too. [bow]

> 	CW news
>

> ‘The Librarians: The Next Chapter’: Callum McGowan, Three More Round
> Out Cast  (March 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-librarians-the-next-chapter-callum-mcgowan-cast-cw-spinoff-1235863789/

Disappointed that this article confirms that Christian Kane will only
be a (recurring?) guest star, and not main cast on this show...

> 	NBC news
>

> NBC Renews One Chicago Trio: ‘Med,’ ‘Fire’ & ‘P.D.’  (March 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/nbc-renews-one-chicago-med-fire-amp-p-d-1235864777/

Meh. Though I am mildly curious to see who they replace Brett and Upton
with on Fire and PD, respectively. (I'm wondering if they're setting up
Bojana Novakovic to replace the latter...).

> ‘Law & Order’ & ‘Law & Order: SVU’ Renewed At NBC, ‘Law & Order:
> Organized Crime’ In Limbo  (March 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/law-and-order-svu-renewed-nbc-law-and-order-organized-crime-limbo-1235864770/

Meh. I think they really blew it by "rebooting" L&O:OC away from a
"season storyarc" this season.

> ‘New Amsterdam’ Sequel About Max’s Daughter In Works At NBC From
> Creator David Schulner  (March 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/new-amsterdam-sequel-series-max-daughter-1235862496/

Hard pass.

> Reba McEntire’s NBC Comedy Pilot Adds Tokala Black Elk, Rex Linn &
> Pablo Castelblanco  (March 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/reba-mcentire-nbc-comedy-pilot-cast-tokala-black-elk-rex-linn-pablo-castelblanco-1235861662/
>

> ["The pilot follows Bobbie (McEntire) who inherits her father’s
> restaurant and is less than thrilled to discover that she has a new
> business partner in the half-sister she never knew she had."]
>

> Melissa Peterman To Reunite With Reba McEntire, Joins NBC Comedy Pilot
> Alongside Belissa Escobedo  (March 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/melissa-peterman-reba-mcentire-nbc-comedy-pilot-belissa-escobedo-cast-1235861582/

Hard pass!!1!

> 	Cable channel news
>

> ‘Wizards Of Waverly Place’ Sequel Series Set At Disney Channel With
> Selena Gomez & David Henrie Returning  (March 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/wizards-of-waverly-place-sequel-series-greenlit-disney-1235866137/

:/

> ‘Erin & Aaron’ Canceled After One Season At Nickelodeon  (March 22)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/erin-and-aaron-canceled-no-season-2-nickelodeon-1235866420/

I'm surprised Nick is trying to do originals at all anymore!

> ‘House Of The Dragon’ Season 2 Trailers & Premiere Date: Pick A Side,
> Green Or Black [HBO]  (March 21)
>
> https://deadline.com/video/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-trailer/

Just 2 years after season #1!!1!  >:/

> ‘The Way Home’ Renewed For Third Season By Hallmark Channel  (March 20)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/the-way-home-renewed-third-season-hallmark-channel-1235862789/

I just can't make myself pull the trigger on this...

> ‘That Girl Lay Lay’ To End With Season 2 At Nickelodeon  (March 19)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/that-girl-lay-lay-canceled-no-season-3-nickelodeon-1235862413/

Didn't season #2 air, like, a *year* ago?!
Is this really a surprise to anyone?!!

> HBO Orders Rachel Sennott Comedy Pilot  (March 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/rachel-sennott-hbo-comedy-pilot-1235861697/
>
> ["In the untitled project, a codependent friend group reunites,
> navigating how the time apart, ambition and new relationships have
> changed them."]

I think she's promising, so I would give this a look, even though she
tends to do stuff that I'm not very interested in...

> Chrissy Metz, Jaime Ray Newman, Katie Lowes & George Ferrier Join Cast
> Of Starz Drama ‘The Hunting Wives’  (March 18)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/chrissy-metz-jaime-ray-newman-katie-lowes-george-ferrier-the-hunting-wives-starz-1235861555/
>

> ["Written by Rebecca Cutter based on May Cobb’s novel of the same name,
> The Hunting Wives tells the story of Sophie O’Neil (Brittany Snow) and
> her family’s move from the East Coast to deep East Texas, where she
> succumbs to socialite Margo Bank’s (Malin Åkerman) irresistible charms
> ­ and finds her life consumed by obsession, seduction and murder."]

Anim already said it!!

> 'The Old Man' Season 2 Sets Fall 2024 Release Window on FX  (Feb. 9)
>
> https://collider.com/the-old-man-season-2-release-window/
>
> [From last month but new to me]

Gah - this has been off so long I'd almost forgotten about it!