Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utsg9k$18f42$2@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-24 (Sunday)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 18:37:41 -0000 (UTC)

Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>The Crying Game (Showtime) 1992 movie written and directed by Neil
>Jordan and staring Stephen Rea as an IRA member who kidnaps a British
>solder played by Forest Whitaker.  While a hostage Rea and Whitaker sort
>of become friends and Whitaker tells Rea about his girlfriend back in
>London.  Whitaker winds getting killed during a rescue attempt and Rea
>decides to head to London to look up Whitaker's girl.  But in a shocking
>reveal Whitaker's girl turns out to be a Goa'uld named Ra.

And then... he entirely dropped out of movie acting.

>Repo Men (blu-ray) 2010 sci-fi movie starring Jude Law and Forest
>Whitaker as repo men who instead of repossessing cars for a missed
>payment, they repossess human organs while the person is still out and
>about on the street.  Things take a turn when Jude Law winds up with one
>of the company's hearts keeping him alive and his best friend Whitaker
>is sent to retrieve it.  This has been on my rewatch list forever.  I
>haven't watched this since seeing it the theater and forgot pretty much
>everything about it except the ending.

Oh, I want to like this movie. Wasn't this like the second or third
adaptation? I was really never clear. I think it's from a graphic novel.

>The Talented Mr. Ripley (blu-ray) 1999 movie starring Matt Damon as a
>con man who is paid by Jude Law's father to travel to Italy and talk his
>son into returning to America.  But instead Damon weasels his way into
>Jude's life and begins to take it over, especially after he murders Law
>and has to keep murdering people to cover up what he did.  The movie
>holds up great.  It's been on my rewatch list forever.  I finally broke
>down and forced myself to watch it again since there is a new Netflix
>series debuting next week.

There is? Why?

The performances are great, especially Jude Law. This movie needed to be
better.

>The Regime (HBO) - "Midnight Feast" - Picking up a few months after the
>last episode, Kate Winselt's henchman has been rotting in a dungeon. He
>then meets the previous prime minister who was also locked away.  The
>former minister thinks the henchman would make a good ally, but the
>henchman has other plans.

I need to catch up, or decide to drop it.