Article <utt28e$32apk$8@i2pn2.org>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<utt28e$32apk$8@i2pn2.org>

From: Richard Damon <richard@damon-family.org>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Can any pathological input thwart a simulating abort decider?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 19:44:14 -0400

On 3/25/24 2:07 PM, olcott wrote:
> On 3/23/2024 5:19 PM, immibis wrote:

>>> Everyone with sufficient programming skill can see that this is a
>>> verified fact:
>>>
>>> *D correctly simulated by H cannot possibly reach its own final state*
>>> *at line 06 in an infinite number of steps of correct simulation*
>>> Some of these people might lie about it.
>>>

>> Everyone with sufficient programming skill can see that H is not
>> defined as part of program D, and if you define H inside program D,
>> then it might be possible to tell whether it reaches line 06 or not.
>
> *It is stipulated that H must correctly simulate 1 to ∞ steps of D*
> Every other detail about H is unspecified because it is irrelevant.

Then your stipulation is just ILLOGICAL, as a given H can only do one thing.

Garbage In, Garbage Out, and proof is shown to come from an unsound mine.

> Of all of the elements of the set of H(D,D) where H simulates its
> input there are matched pairs of otherwise identical elements that
> only differ by whether they abort their simulation or not.

Which are DIFFERENGT.

I guess you are just claiming that we can consider a cat to be a 10
story office building.

> The half of these that don't abort are incorrect because all deciders
> must halt. This makes the other half correct about the abort/no abort
> decision.

Nope, proves you to be a pathological lying idiot.