Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu14ir$2r9eq$1@dont-email.me>

From: Clive Arthur <clive@nowaytoday.co.uk>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Microcontroller (AVR) programming from smartphone
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 12:48:26 +0000

On 27/03/2024 11:08, Clive Arthur wrote:
> On 27/03/2024 05:10, RodionGork wrote:
>> Hi Friends!
>>
>> Briefly: considering ways of uploading code to microcontroller
>> (particularly some Atmel's AtMega - same as used for Arduino) from the
>> smartphone.
>
> <snip>
>
>> - blinking data with display and catching it with photo-transistor
>> attached to ADC or digital pin, haven't tried for it seems like
>> bitrate would be very low (even though we generally need to upload
>> firmware of few dozens bytes).
>
> Maybe play a suitable (uncompressed?) video with bits encoded as frames?
> Don't ask me how, just a thought.
>
>> Thus I'm open to any ideas / hints / articles on improving either of
>> these two approaches - or perhaps something completely different which
>> I may have missed.

With, for example, an MJPEG file playing, you could have say a grid of
3x4 or more squares, each with a different file encoded.  Select your
file simply by placing your phototransistor in the appropriate square.

Also, using an RGB phototransistor (if there is such a thing, if not
three phototransistors with filters) could triple the data rate.

--
Cheers
Clive