Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu1i60$2ur88$2@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 12:40:32 -0400
 <17bf8777050f5c1e$7$2218499$802601b3@news.usenetexpress.com>
 <uto07e$1oa9p$1@solani.org> <utss89$1qiu6$2@solani.org>
 <l6egbaFl42cU1@mid.individual.net> <uttfsj$1qt9g$1@solani.org>
 <l6fa5jFor73U1@mid.individual.net> <utvhg8$1ru64$1@solani.org>
 <l6hinlF5qo1U3@mid.individual.net>

rbowman wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:16:40 -0500, Physfitfreak wrote:
>
>> Well it says the same thing about AND and OR too, and the two of course
>> are used every day in high level programming. So there could be a use
>> for IMP in high level programming also.
>
> &, ~, |, << and >> are frequently used in C. ^ is used less frequently.
> All map directly to i86 instructions. SAL is the same as SHL where SAR
> differs from SHR and depends on signed/unsigned. ~ is NOT, 1's complement.

As an aside, C++20 introduces the "spaceship" operator,
operator <=>. It does a three way comparison, a bit like strcmp():

   lhs <=> rhs returns an object that

       compares <0 if lhs < rhs
       compares >0 if lhs > rhs
       and compares ==0 if lhs and rhs are equal/equivalent.

Carry on.

--
An honest tale speeds best being plainly told.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"