Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu1q7b$30sko$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-26 (Tuesday)
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:57:36 -0700

On 3/27/2024 11:32 AM, shawn wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:25:01 -0700, Arthur Lipscomb
> <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

>>> Random stuff:
>>>
>>> South Park epies on Comedy Central, including the one where Lucas and
>>> Spielberg rape Indiana Jones (and later a storm trooper!).
>>>
>>> Wheel of Fortune (which airs on a Fox! station in Hawaii!)
>>>
>>> Most of Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls (a personal favorite!)
>>>

>> I think I saw this maybe once around the time of the original release.
>> I'm not a fan of Ace Ventura, but I might be willing to give the two
>> movies a second chance one day.
>>
>>> What did you watch?
>>>

>> This is a two day catch-up.  I mostly did some DVR clearing and watched:
>>

>> Survivor - They didn't even bother to do a proper vote to get rid of
>> that one whiny guy.  At one point I thought that's not fair if they were
>> planning to blindside someone else.  But then, no they wanted that dude
>> gone!  And were very open about it.  How did he even get on the show?!?
>
> His back story was really good. Sadly he tended to fall apart as time
> went by. I don't know that they could have known he would do so poorly
> in the actual game.

I know I would do horrible in the game.  I don't need to make the trip
to find out.  As soon as I set foot on the island and see a spider's web
I'd be ready to go!  And if I had to spend the night I'd be demanding to
know what's the thread count on the sheets they provide.  What do you
mean they don't provide sheets?!?  Well how many pillows do I get?  And
don't get me started on the quality of the food.  They would not like
the review I leave on Yelp...Just as soon as I find where they hid my
cellphone.  And what's the WiFi password.  The island better have a good
WiFi signal or I'm leaving that in my yelp review too!