Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu30h0$3d62m$1@dont-email.me>

From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Mail-In Voting
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 18:51:28 +1300

On 2024-03-28 02:20:54 +0000, shawn said:
> On Thu, 28 Mar 2024 02:02:06 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
> <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> France banned mail-in voting in 1975 due to fraud.
>>> Mexico banned mail-in voting in 1992 due to fraud.
>>> Belgium banned mail-in voting in 2018 due to fraud.
>
> Except if you live outside the country. Also everyone age 16 and older
> is obligated to vote.
>
>>> Sweden rejected a mail-in voting proposal.
>>> Italy rejected a mail-in voting proposal.
>>> Ukraine rejected a mail-in voting proposal.
>>> Russia and Japan do not permit mail-in voting.
>>
>> If you're in the gulag do you still have to vote?
>>
>>> No Middle Eastern country permits mail-in voting.
>>
>> All those democracies... I'm sure they'd love to vote out the Saud
>> family.
>>
>>> No Latin American country permits mail-in voting.
>>>
>>> In the United States, Democrats love mail-in voting and trying their
>>> damnedest to get instituted everywhere.
>>
>> Just because your pets got blank ballots in your state doesn't make it
>> poorly implemented everywhere else in the country. Republican party
>> officials are complete morons for NOT convincing their partisans to vote
>> by mail. It's votes in the bank!
>>
>> Democrats don't get an advantage from mail-in voting.

In New Zealand there is mail-in voting for some 'lesser important
things', such as government referrendums on various, usually
ridiculous, topics.

For the election of government, mail-in voting is one option for
citizens overseas at the time, but those in New Zealand must visit a
voting station in person.

There is no e-voting system here either.