Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu3s66$3jrrj$1@dont-email.me>

From: Cryptoengineer <petertrei@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.written,rec.arts.sf.fandom
Subject: Re: Babel
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 09:43:34 -0400

On 3/27/2024 9:26 PM, Keith F. Lynch wrote:
> Gary McGath <garym@mcgath.com> wrote:
>> Cryptoengineer wrote:
>>> This is the first time I've noticed Keith posting in this group.
>>> He usually hangs out in r.a.sf.fandom, but that group makes this
>>> one look busy, and its recently been taken over by Dr Who fans and
>>> AI generated posts.
>
>> If it's been taken over, I haven't noticed.  I've set up filters to
>> block anything Dr. Who related, which may be overkill but works.
>
> I've been posting to rasfw intermittently for decades.  But in this
> thread I've been posting to rasff, and failed to notice that the
> thread was being crossposted to rasfw.  Peter is still in my killfile,
> so I only see his posts when someone quotes them.  As I've said
> before, I'm willing to remove him from my killfile if he he emails
> me an apology.  (He's never been blocked from my email.)
>
> The Who-related posts in rasff have mostly died down.  Peter is right
> about some of the Who-related posts being generated by ChatGPT, but
> that was pretty universally condemned even by the Whovians.

This is one of those petty fannish feuds that go on long beyond
reason. In this case, each of us feels that the other has wronged
them, and wants an apology from the other.

It simply isn't going to happen, and matters very little.

I'd rather people NOT respond this this post. There's no
reason to incite Keith to keep going on about it.

pt