Article <uu5c85$2jc0$4@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu5c85$2jc0$4@dont-email.me>

From: olcott <polcott2@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.theory,sci.logic
Subject: Re: Can any pathological input thwart a simulating abort decider?
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 22:23:49 -0500
 <utnkh0$3t2rs$2@dont-email.me> <utsehd$17q02$3@dont-email.me>
 <utt28e$32apk$8@i2pn2.org> <utt4fk$1d2ks$1@dont-email.me>
 <utt50h$32apl$4@i2pn2.org> <utt5ot$1dbci$1@dont-email.me>
 <utt6de$32apl$5@i2pn2.org> <utt8c1$1dv6f$1@dont-email.me>
 <uttafr$32apl$7@i2pn2.org> <uttbbb$1eg0e$1@dont-email.me>
 <uttcq9$32apk$13@i2pn2.org> <uttdjg$1evla$1@dont-email.me>
 <utte3r$32apk$16@i2pn2.org> <uttfon$1j1tv$2@dont-email.me>
 <utuc5f$33t23$1@i2pn2.org> <utuome$1sn8a$1@dont-email.me>
 <utvvkt$35q21$5@i2pn2.org> <uu04sc$2jvdi$3@dont-email.me>
 <uu2ep3$374vo$5@i2pn2.org> <uu2ikh$36cl6$3@dont-email.me>
 <uu2k6i$374vo$13@i2pn2.org> <uu2m6n$37bas$1@dont-email.me>
 <uu2n11$374vn$5@i2pn2.org> <uu2o0v$37bas$7@dont-email.me>
 <uu2o9q$374vo$20@i2pn2.org> <uu2oq3$37bas$9@dont-email.me>
 <uu3l30$3ajo1$2@i2pn2.org> <uu423r$3ldlj$1@dont-email.me>
 <uu50nh$3ca7i$10@i2pn2.org> <uu56fb$3tt5t$2@dont-email.me>
 <uu59li$3ca7i$12@i2pn2.org>

On 3/28/2024 9:39 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> On 3/28/24 9:45 PM, olcott wrote:

<snip>

>>> Then why do you "pick and choose" which commands of God you will follow?
>>>

>> Which laws do you think are still in effect?
>
> Why do you ask?
>
> Did you not understand my previous description?
>
> There is the Ceremonial Law, that talks of how Israel was approach God.
> It has still some generic applicability, in that it helps us understand
> the nature of Gd, and helps us understand general principles, but the
> details of the regulations are no longer applicable. For example, we no
> longer need to be physically circumcised, as a symbol of being part of
> his people, as we are given the Spirit as our sign.
>
> Then there is the Social Law, that talks of how Israel was to be a
> people and govern itself. Again, this show general principles of how we
> should live, but again, many of the detail are not applicble, as we are
> not living under a Theocracy.
>
> Lastly, there is the Moral Law, which deals with how we deal with other
> people. These laws still apply, and in some cases are enhanced, as we
> are given a better understanding of the nature of God and what he
> expects. (Like when Jesus points out that "Getting Angry" is akin to
> Murder, and Looking Lustfully is akin to physical adultery.
>
> So, ALL are still in effect, but some under a more spiritual understanding.

That is a good start, now which actual laws are still in effect?

Galatians 5:14 NRSV
14 For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment,
“You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

*Literally says that every law of God is subsumed under this one*

When fallible humans say ALL they actually mean MOST.
An infallible being would not make this same mistake.