Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu6hf2$au1q$1@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: The next Cook County State's Attorney
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 09:58:56 -0400

On 3/28/24 1:10 PM, BTR1701 wrote:
> On Mar 17, 2024 at 11:38:53 PM PDT, ""Adam H. Kerman"" <ahk@chinet.com>
> wrote:
>
>> BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

>>> I'm headed to the polls now. May god have mercy on me...
>>
>> I put this off for nearly two weeks, hoping it would go away. It didn't.
>>
>> I read that the hypocritical Muslim community wanted a protest vote
>> against Biden by writing in "Gaza". Strangely, in the United States Muslim
>> community's calls for cease fire, it never asks Hamas to simply surrender
>> and return hostages and prisoners of war. Nor at any point in the last
>> two decades did they ask other Muslim nations -- Iran and Egypt (during
>> the brief period in which it was controlled by the Muslim Brotherhood) --
>> to stop arming Hamas, nor did they ask their fellow Arab governments to
>> stop giving Hamas foreign aid as it did nearly nothing but buy weapons,
>> or rip it off for massive cash reserves.
>>
>> It's like there would be peace in the Middle East if there were no
>> outside influence.
>>
>> I decided my for FOR Biden was a protest against their hypocrisy. Gah.
>>
>> In the general election, I can vote third party if anybody puts up
>> someone I'd vote for. He'll win my state's electors regardless of my
>> vote.
>>
>> Yeah yeah, I'm stalling.
>>
>> I'd ordered mail-in ballots for my mother and myself. After a very long
>> discussion about the two candidates for State's Attorney, I made a
>> decision. She was quite concerned about how the policy of not
>> prosecuting for retail theft under $1000 was bad for shopkeepers. I
>> pointed out that it's not just the aggregate value of merchandise stolen
>> but the damage that's done to the shop, and they really should be
>> indicted them on additional charges with serious damage.
>>
>> In the state criminal code, it's a felony if it's over $300, and
>> apparently, Kim Foxx won't even prosecute a misdemeanor most of the time
>> if it's under $1000. Eileen Burke says she'd prosecute according to
>> state law as she's supposed to follow state law. Clayton Harris would
>> keep the policy in place.
>>
>> The Chicago police union endorsed Burke but said even Harris would be
>> better than Kim Foxx.
>>
>> I was quite impressed with her record on the bench at trial court and
>> appellate court, but the answer she's been giving on her prosecution,
>> very early in her career while an Assistant State's Attorney, of the 8
>> year old boy for murder on an obviously coerced confession, has been
>> unacceptable. She blamed the boy's attorney. Yeah, I've no doubt it
>> could have been a brand-new lawyer on his first major case, with nearly
>> no resources and no clue how to defend an unsympathetic client with a
>> sympathetic victim.
>>
>> But she believed the cop. She wanted the story to be true. It's her
>> reputation when she puts on specious state's evidence without asking any
>> hard questions.

> [...]

Going Full MAGA  now, are we?  The ballots were legitimate and were kept
under lock and key.

It was human error.  You know, like we've seen ever since there have
been humans.  If you think there's fraud, say so.  Don't be your usual
giant pussy.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0