Article <uu7t6n$ktdk$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu7t6n$ktdk$2@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: I use a _normal_ text editor.
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 02:25:27 -0000 (UTC)

On 2024-03-29, rbowman <bowman@montana.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:16:38 -0000 (UTC), vallor wrote:
>

>> There is a "Visual Studio Code" for Linux.
>
> Sure is. Part of the reason for moving the Win7 netbook to Lubuntu was
> because VS Code doesn't do Win 7. It also isn't available on my 32-bit
> Debian box. Other than that it's on all my machines, Windows or Linux.

I've got VSCodium on my computer to run BetterFountain. VSCodium is an open
source version of Visual Studio Code, and it uses the same extensions. Some
of the extensions, apparently, makes it lose its "open sourceness," however.
I only used it to try it out with BetterFountain, but I like Fountain-Mode
in Emacs better.

> I haven't hit an extension that doesn't work cross-platform either. I use
> PlatformIO for Arduinos and MicroPico for the MicroPython on the RPi Pico
> W. Pylance works for general Python work, the same for the C/C++ and C#
> extensions. The .NET SDK is also cross platform so I do C# on Linux.
> Jupyter Notebooks also works.  There are extensions for almost any
> language but those are the ones I use.

<snip>

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."