Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uu97md$ipvj$3@dont-email.me>

From: vallor <vallor@cultnix.org>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 14:30:38 -0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 30 Mar 2024 09:07:21 -0500, chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> wrote
in <9g6g0j90mbjkchu969aiqhlv07nhktgd32@4ax.com>:

> vallor wrote:
>
>> rbowman wrote:
>>>
>>> Debian's default xfce has the menu and apps up on the top band and a
>>> few icons on the botton. I suppose I could change it but I'm not like
>>> he who shall be nameless that spends more time tinkering than
>>> accomplishing anything.
>>
>>Nothing wrong with "tinkering".  Big woop, wanna fight about it? ;)
>
> Freedom-hating trolls have fought about it, over the years. "Tinkering"
> was attacked and ridiculed.  The time it takes to do a bit of research
> and try a few options was attacked as tragic.
>
> One wonders if the trolling creeps also attacked people who "wasted
> valuable time" watching TV or going for a walk or whatever, as if those
> fscking assholes should be the judge of how others choose to spend their
> time.

They'd rather go watch "Big Bang Theory" than "tinker".  That's their
choice.

I don't watch TV, so I can justify "wasting time" writing in
various places (on the USENET being one of them), as well as
"tinkering" and "meddling" with systems.

>>(Just because I do it, and have the time to mess around,
>>doesn't mean I expect anyone else to fiddle with such things...)
>
> Of course not, any more than those of us who specify and build our PC's
> from components expect everyone else to.

I used to build my own PC's, until decided to buy a turnkey
system this last go-around.

It was delivered shrink-wrapped on a pallet.

--
-v