Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uuac3a$1ah9b$1@dont-email.me>

From: Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 24-30, 2024
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 17:51:55 -0700

On 3/30/2024 3:13 PM, Robin Miller wrote:

> ‘Orphan Black: Echoes’ Gets Premiere Date At AMC & AMC+  (March 29)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/orphan-black-echoes-premiere-date-amc-krysten-ritter-1235872059/

Finally!

> ‘Earth Abides’: MGM+ Greenlights Limited Series Adaptation Of George R.
> Stewart Sci-Fi Novel  (March 26)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/earth-abides-mgm-greenlights-limited-series-adaptation-george-r-stewart-sci-fi-novel-1235868087/
>
> [" The six-episode limited series will star Alexander Ludwig (Vikings)
> as Ish; production will begin in Vancouver on April 8. Earth Abides is
> slated to premiere on MGM+ in late 2024. When a plague of unprecedented
> virulence sweeps the globe, the human race is all but wiped out. In the
> aftermath, as the great machine of civilization slowly and inexorably
> breaks down, only a few shattered survivors remain to struggle against
> the slide into extinction."]

I get the feeling the only thing this will have in common with the book
it the name and an apocalyptic plague.

> ‘The Penguin’: Colin Farrell Calls ‘The Batman’ Spinoff Max Series
> “Incredibly Violent” & “Really Dark”  (March 25)

I take it as a sign of the decline of Western Civilization that we have
so many movies and shows with psychopathic mass-murders being the lead
and center of the show or movie.

> Elizabeth Banks & Matthew Macfadyen Headline & EP ‘The Miniature Wife’
> Dramedy Series Ordered By Peacock From Media Res  (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/elizabeth-banks-matthew-macfadyen-the-miniature-wife-comedy-peacock-media-res-1235867664/
>
> ["Based on the short story written by Manuel Gonzalez, The Miniature
> Wife is a high-concept marital dramedy examining the power (im)balances
> between spouses, Lindy (Banks) and Les (Macfadyen), who battle each
> other for supremacy after a technological accident induces the ultimate
> relationship crisis."]

That word salad synopsis it not a good sign.

> ‘Invincible’ Recasts Ezra Miller’s Role In Season 2 Of Prime Video
> Animated Series  (March 29)

Miller's career was a Flash on the screen.  *ducks and runs*

>      The business of TV
>

> ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Says Disney+ Deal Had To Happen As Demise Of The
> BBC Is “Undoubtedly On Its Way”  (March 28)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/doctor-who-russell-t-davies-bbc-on-its-way-disney-plus-1235870522/
>

> BBC Commissioned Half Of All UK TV Scripted Shows Last Year, Ampere
> Research Finds  (March 25)
>
> https://deadline.com/2024/03/bbc-scripted-research-ampere-analysis-1235867117/

BBC's demise is undoubtedly on its way while it is commissioning half of
all UK scripted shows....  Uh huh.

dirty old man.