Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uuaebc$1apkg$2@dont-email.me>

From: -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 21:30:20 -0400
 <65fe0bac$0$2988$426a74cc@news.free.fr> <utn78o$3pu1f$1@dont-email.me>
 <66000fa7$0$2559$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
 <mre10jh3901253ot6l78drtrvqumdvvt6g@4ax.com> <utuigi$1qkgv$1@dont-email.me>
 <utut5t$1trsr$1@dont-email.me> <utvhmj$2caii$1@dont-email.me>
 <l6hjlhF5qo1U4@mid.individual.net> <uu1c9r$2tf3e$1@dont-email.me>
 <l6k1b5FhatiU8@mid.individual.net> <uu3qvi$3jftr$3@dont-email.me>
 <0kjb0j9a025qtkrdrlk48gl55ft8rj6i1r@4ax.com>
 <m5kb0jlahf685qe015il87ciovqjqof39j@4ax.com> <uu7h74$ibt3$1@dont-email.me>
 <uu7m3d$jhjt$1@dont-email.me>

On 3/29/24 8:24 PM, DFS wrote:

>>> I wouldn't assert that GIMP is in every respect equal to Photoshop,
>>
>> I'd also like to see the original statement made, because the above
>> kinda looks like a misquote or misstatement:  I've never claimed that
>> Adobe Photoshop was an expensive waste.  Sure, its expensive and it is
>> overkill for a lot of people (usually the ones who complain about its
>> cost), but it has been the industry's premier digital graphics tool
>> for the better part of two decades.
>

> Your original quote:
> "Specifically, they whine about how Photoshop costs £600 and is a
> waste, while claiming that the same capabilities can be accomplished
> for free."
>
> I unintentionally made it sound like you felt that way about Photoshop,
> when you were just recapping the position of the "advocates":

Ah, got it; no worries.

The irony is that you wrote that back in Aug 2012, yet chrisv is still
trying to dry-hump it...while never actually properly addressing the
original point.

> Creepy Chris Ahlstrom: "Yeah, everyone who wants to manipulate images
> needs to pay $600 for Photoshop and then use only a 16th of its
> functionality.  <rolls eyes>"
>
> JED: "As far as not wanting to spend $600 on a professional tool when I
> am not a professional... that just makes me a normal person."
>
> Homer: "AFAICT the only substantial difference [between gimp and
> Photoshop] is about £600 that could be put to far better use, and a
> whole lotta hype."
>
> Homer: "I'd never, ever waste my money on Photoshop."

That's 4 for 4 whining on money, yet we're somehow supposed to believe
that no Linux fanboy considers cost a factor on Linux 'superiority';
seems more that they know of their wallet's personal inadequacies!  /s

-hh