Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uubgfv$1oanr$3@dont-email.me>

From: Chris Ahlstrom <OFeem1987@teleworm.us>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: This FOSS Thang :-)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 07:13:03 -0400
 <65fe0bac$0$2988$426a74cc@news.free.fr> <utn78o$3pu1f$1@dont-email.me>
 <66000fa7$0$2559$426a74cc@news.free.fr>
 <mre10jh3901253ot6l78drtrvqumdvvt6g@4ax.com> <utuigi$1qkgv$1@dont-email.me>
 <utut5t$1trsr$1@dont-email.me> <utvhmj$2caii$1@dont-email.me>
 <l6hjlhF5qo1U4@mid.individual.net> <uu1c9r$2tf3e$1@dont-email.me>
 <l6k1b5FhatiU8@mid.individual.net> <uu3qvi$3jftr$3@dont-email.me>
 <0kjb0j9a025qtkrdrlk48gl55ft8rj6i1r@4ax.com>
 <m5kb0jlahf685qe015il87ciovqjqof39j@4ax.com> <uu7h74$ibt3$1@dont-email.me>
 <uu7m3d$jhjt$1@dont-email.me> <uuaebc$1apkg$2@dont-email.me>

            ======== (what -hh is doing to DFS)
> original point.
>
>> Creepy Chris Ahlstrom: "Yeah, everyone who wants to manipulate images
>> needs to pay $600 for Photoshop and then use only a 16th of its
>> functionality.  <rolls eyes>"

A perfectly valid point. Not whining.

>> <bs brevsnip>
>
> That's 4 for 4 whining on money, yet we're somehow supposed to believe
> that no Linux fanboy considers cost a factor on Linux 'superiority';
> seems more that they know of their wallet's personal inadequacies!  /s

-hh raising a straw man just to knock it down. :-D

Hint: *everyone* factors cost into what they decide to purchase, or not.

At my job they would get you a license for Photoshop or Adobe Pro if you asked
for it and had a business. I saved them some money using GIMP, which runs
fine (albeit slowly) on Windows.

--
You are dishonest, but never to the point of hurting a friend.