Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uubnps$1q8rg$1@dont-email.me>

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.nickelodeon
Subject: Nickelodeon Star Melissa Joan Hart Responds To "Quiet On Set" Allegations: "Believe Them 100 Percent"
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 09:17:48 -0400

Former child star Melissa Joan Hart publicly responded to allegations of
abuse and a toxic work environment at Nickelodeon that were brought forth in
the new docuseries, “Quiet on Set: The Dark Side of Kids TV.”

Hart, 47, became a national sensation on the Nickelodeon series “Clarissa
Explains it All” beginning in 1991. She said her on-set experience was vastly
different than some of the docuseries’ participants, however, in part because
she filmed the show in Florida instead of Hollywood.

“I don’t know other people’s experiences and I’m not negating anything
anybody else says,” Hart said, per Deadline. “I’ve never been told these
people’s stories that are in the [documentary]. And I have to say, I’ve never
heard a story from a Nickelodeon star personally, nobody’s come to me and
talked to me about any of these situations.”

However, she also said, “I absolutely trust them, believe them, one hundred
percent.”

The actress went on to assert that her experience was good, but that it
shouldn’t discount what the accusers are saying.

“In Orlando, I had nothing but a wonderful experience,” Hart added. “They did
work the kids a lot harder than they probably legally should. We had a ton of
fun, it was just long hours, that’s all – because I had to do school and the
show.”

“I was surrounded by an amazing crew, an incredible cast that took such good
care of me. I mean, these people were protective of me,” she continued. “I
have to say, not every egg in the Nickelodeon basket is rotten. There were
some good eggs – there were some people that really took care of me.”

Following the documentary’s release, former child star Drake Bell came
forward and said he was the John Doe from a sexual abuse case from 2004
involving former Nickelodeon dialogue coach Brian Peck. Peck pleaded no
contest to the charges and was sentenced to 16 months in prison and ordered
to register as a sex offender, as The Daily Wire previously reported.

Docuseries contributors spoke frequently about former Nickelodeon producer
Dan Schneider, who they said perpetrated abuse by acting in a controlling
manner and making sexually suggestive jokes, some of which were used in
children’s programming. They also alleged that Schneider was filmed in a hot
tub with 16-year-old actress Amanda Bynes.

“I definitely owe some people a pretty strong apology,” Schneider said in a
statement following the release of “Quiet on Set.”

--
Let's go Brandon!