Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uucanh$1uiv7$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-03-30 (Saturday)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 11:40:49 -0700

On 3/31/2024 9:52 AM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
> The Twilight Zone S5E13 'Ring-A-Ding Girl' - DVR
> Movie star Bunny Blake receives an opal ring from her hometown fan club
> which enables her to see images of her friends and family.  (Comcast)
> Movie star Bunny Blake receives a ring from her hometown which is giving
> her warnings to come home while she flies cross country.   (IMDb)
>
> Trivia:
> The headline of Bud's newspaper, the Daily Bulletin Sports, reads
> "Jockey Banned from All U.S. Tracks." This newspaper was a prop created
> for the earlier episode The Last Night of a Jockey (1963).
> The house set was previously used in Living Doll (1963).
>
> Quotes:
> [opening narration]
> Narrator: Introduction to Bunny Blake. Occupation: film actress.
> Residence: Hollywood, California, or anywhere in the world that cameras
> happen to be grinding. Bunny Blake is a public figure; what she wears,
> eats, thinks, says is news. But underneath the glamour, the makeup, the
> publicity, the buildup, the costuming, is a flesh-and-blood person, a
> beautiful girl about to take a long and bizarre journey into The
> Twilight Zone.
> [closing narration]
> Narrator: We are all travelers. The trip starts in a place called birth,
> and ends in that lonely town called death. And that's the end of the
> journey, unless you happen to exist for a few hours, like Bunny Blake,
> in the misty regions of The Twilight Zone.
>
> ROTten Twist: Ohaal Oynxr vf npghnyyl ba n cynar gung penfurf va ure
> ubzr gbja va gur zvqqyr bs gur Sbhaqre'f Qnl Cvpavp.  Ure tubfg(?) gevrf
> gb xrrc crbcyr njnl sebz gur cvpavp orsber gur penfu.

Wow, I have *no* memory of this episode and the twist definitely doesn't
help me remember.

> The Twilight Zone S5E14 'You Drive' - DVR
> Oliver Pope kills a bicyclist in a hit-and-run, but a business rival is
> identified as the driver.  (Comcast)
> After being involved with a hit-and-run accident that resulted in the
> death of a child, Oliver Pope is haunted by his car.  (IMDb)
>
> Trivia
> The title refers to an old Hertz Car Rental ad campaign which called
> their cars "U Drives". Bud Abbott and Lou Costello turned the U-Drive
> theme into a famous comedy sketch similar to their "Who's on first?"
> sketch.
> The house that was used as the exterior of the Pope's home still stands
> at 4183 Keystone Avenue in Culver City, CA. It is still very
> recognizable from the 1964 episode.
> When Pope goes into his garage to check on the car and the radio comes
> on, the instrumental that it is heard playing is the same one as in the
> " The Encounter ", on the radio that Neville Brand's character is
> listening to.

I'm not sure if I remember this one.  It's vaguely familiar.
Does someone at least say, "Thanks for the ride lady." ;-)

> Quotes:
>      [opening narration]
>      Narrator: Portrait of a nervous man: Oliver Pope by name, office
> manager by profession. A man beset by life's problems: his job, his
> salary, the competition to get ahead. Obviously, Mr. Pope's mind is not
> on his driving... Oliver Pope, businessman-turned killer, on a
> rain-soaked street in the early evening of just another day during just
> another drive home from the office. The victim, a kid on a bicycle,
> lying injured, near death. But Mr. Pope hasn't time for the victim, his
> only concern is for himself. Oliver Pope, hit-and-run driver, just
> arrived at a crossroad in his life, and he's chosen the wrong turn. The
> hit occurred in the world he knows, but the run will lead him straight
> into - the Twilight Zone.
>      [closing narration]
>      Narrator: All persons attempting to conceal criminal acts involving
> their cars are hereby warned: check first to see that underneath that
> chrome there does not lie a conscience, especially if you're driving
> along a rain-soaked highway in the Twilight Zone.
>

> The Twilight Zone S5E15 'The Long Morrow' - DVR
> An astronaut returns from a 30-year mission to find that his girlfriend
> hasn't aged at all.  (Comcast)
> Before leaving on a decades-long solo mission, astronaut Douglas
> Stansfield meets a woman and falls in love.  (IMDb)

I remember this one.  However the plot is a little too similar to the
old couple that could only afford to purchase one young body.