Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uudkoe$2p2c$1@neodome.net>

From: Charlie <charlie@nospam.com>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 00:38:07 -0600

On this Mon, 1 Apr 2024 18:56:22 +1300, Your Name wrote:

> Yet more proof that the US DOJ has no clue what they're talking about.  :-\
>
> A. Apple doesn't even use RCS ... yet! It is rumoured to be coming in
>    later this year ("in the fall" if you believe a Google post)
>
> B. Apple messages are end-to-end encrypted, at least between Apple
>    devices using Apple's messaging app (for other apps it is up to
>    their developers, not Apple):
>
>    "Your iMessage and FaceTime conversations are encrypted end-to-end,
>     so they can't be read while they're sent between devices."

I think the DOJ's 88-page point of view is that Apple knows very well how
trivially easy it would be for Apple to give iOS & Android users privacy
when its own users are communicating between iOS & Android users via RCS.

The DOJ's point of view seems to be Apple expressly wants NOBODY to have
privacy (not even Apple users!) when they communicate between platforms.

Apple doesn't care that even its own users won't have that privacy.
All Apple cares about is screwing its own customers to make more money.