Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uuegha$2hmn2$1@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Dispatches from Clown World: Actual NY Times Headline
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 10:32:08 -0400

On 3/31/24 4:29 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> No response here, I see. Convenient.

>>> So why was the 9-11 investigation and prosecutions FBI and federal court
>>> jurisdiction?
>>>
>>> Crime committed in NY.  It killed the people and destroyed the buildings
>>> in NY...
>>>
>> The federal government regulates aviation activities nationwide. Thus,
>> crimes involving planes and airports usually are prosecuted in federal
>> courts.
>
> Bzzzt! Wrong. It's because the charges were terrorism and the federal
> government has exclusive jurisdiction to investigate and prosecute
> terrorism.

Crimes were federal because aviation belongs to the Feds, as the fact
that they crossed state lines.

For fuck's sake LEARN TO READ!

> Federal law makes it a crime for you to commit certain acts aboard an aircraft. For example, you commit a criminal offense if you interfere with crew members by means of assault or intimidation. These crimes are serious offenses that can result in decades in federal prison. Please contact a skilled criminal defense attorney now if you are facing any charge under federal law.
>
> What Are the Federal Laws on Crimes on Planes?
> The federal government regulates aviation activities nationwide. As a result, crimes involving planes and airports are usually prosecuted in federal courts.
>
> There are numerous charges you could face when misbehaving and causing trouble on an airplane. Perhaps the most severe crime involves piracy, which means violently seizing control of a plane in flight.
>
> Other types of airplane crimes prosecuted under federal law include:
>
> Interference with crew members or attendants through assault or intimidation,
> Interference with airport security screeners through assault,
> Possessing or placing a weapon or explosive on a plane, and
> Conduct that would constitute any of certain enumerated crimes (such as assault, murder, manslaughter, theft, robbery, or sexual abuse) if it occurred on an airplane that was located in the U.S.

These guys, unlike you, are real lawyers.

https://www.blacklawseattle.com/federal-law-regarding-crimes-on-planes/#:~:text=As%20a%20result%2C%20crimes%20involving,of%20a%20plane%20in%20flight.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0