Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uuf2s9$228a$1@neodome.net>

From: Frankie <frankie@nospam.usa>
Newsgroups: misc.phone.mobile.iphone,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: DOJ is correct that Apple iPhone is far less secure than Android when RCS messaging is involved
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 14:45:14 -0500

On 1/4/2024, sms wrote:

>> "If Apple wanted to, Apple could allow iPhone users to send encrypted
>> messages to Android users while still using iMessage on their iPhone..."
>
> If they allowed encryption between iPhone users and Android users it
> would eliminate a key advantage of an organization being 100% iPhone.

Apple execs are on record from the Epic deposition for never wanting the
iPhone messaging to interface well with Android, which is part of the DOJ
case since it's a matter of public record that Apple can't possibly deny.

> My wife's company is 100% iPhone, for multiple reasons

I feel sorry for anyone stuck with having to create an account for Apple
just to use a phone that shouldn't need to create that tracking account.

>(they could actually
> use Android since they use Cortext for secure messaging since it's HIPAA
> compliant, while iMessage is not HIPAA compliant) mainly for the remote
> management (MDM) capability,

Does this HIPAA compliant "Cortext" app functionality run on iOS?

> and the inability for employees to install any apps.

Most people who only know iPhones have no idea how limited they are, which
is kind of like kids up until about fifth grade still believe in the Easter
Bunny but after about fifth grade, even kids begin to see the limitations.

> So she carries two phones, her personal Android and her
> corporate iPhone.

My wife is also forced to use an iPhone but she can't stand it and cheats
as much as she can by using the Android phone whenever she needs to get
something done.