Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uufkf9$2l91s$2@dont-email.me>

From: Alan <nunya@biz.net>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.advocacy
Subject: Another tale of Windows idiocy: the mouse scroll wheel.
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2024 17:45:29 -0700

I'm sitting here, forced to use a Windows desktop (and I'm remembering
all over how terribly UGLY Windows is) while I wait for migration to
complete on my new M3 MacBook Air, and I thought I would reverse the
scrolling direction on the mouse to be more like what I'm used to.

Now, honestly, I'm quite adaptable as I work with lots of different
systems, and have to simply roll with whatever my client at any moment
uses, but...

....I assumed this would be an obvious control to have somewhere in the
broken mess that is Settings and Control Panel mouse settings.

I opened Settings...

....checked the various things you change about the mouse there...

....and... ...nothing. Nothing useful to this case anyway.

Then I remembered that Microsoft's settings for the mouse are
idiotically broken across two different interfaces, so I checked Control
Panel...

....and still nothing.

So I check online and would you look at that:

The only solution to changing the scrolling direction of the mouse in
Windows is...

....TO CHANGE THE REGISTRY!