Article <uugs0e$35mli$11@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uugs0e$35mli$11@dont-email.me>

From: Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Speak Out Loudly Against This Evil": Internet Erupts Over Biden
 Declaring Easter "Trans Day Of Visibility"
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 04:30:50 -0400

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre on Monday addressed backlash
against President Joe Biden for celebrating and declaring Easter Sunday as
“Transgender Day of Visibility,” dismissing the controversy as intentional
“misinformation” from conservatives.

Biden and his White House not only issued the proclamation on Friday, but
also issued numerous posts on social media on Easter Sunday to celebrate
trans-identifying Americans. Notably, President Biden is the only president
to ever recognize “Transgender Day of Visibility” with a presidential
proclamation.

Still, Jean-Pierre contended that the controversy was actually
“misinformation,” arguing that “Transgender Day of Visibility” just so
happened to have fallen on the holy Christian day, and Biden was right to
celebrate transgenderism in numerous posts and the proclamation.

“Every year for the past several years on March 31, Transgender Day of
Visibility is marked,” she told the press. “Easter falls on different Sundays
every year, and this year it happened to coincide with Transgender Visibility
Day.”

“What we’ve been hearing out there [is] a lot of misinformation done on
purpose,” she accused. “It is dishonest what we have heard the past 24 hours.
It is untrue,” the press secretary claimed.

Jean-Pierre also said Biden is a “Christian who celebrates Easter with
family” and “stands for bringing people together and upholding the dignity
and freedoms of every American,” adding that it’s “unsurprising” politicians
on the Right “are seeking to divide and weaken our country with cruel,
hateful, and dishonest rhetoric.”

“President Biden will never abuse his faith for political purposes or for
profit,” Jean-Pierre said. “That is not what this administration is about.
That is not what being a leader is about, and this misinformation out there
[is] bad and it is dividing.”

WATCH:

	AP’s Will Weissert: “So, the criticism over the Transgender Day of
	Visibility, the WH said that the President wouldn't abuse his faith
	for political purposes. Does the President think that's what
	Republicans are doing on this?”

	KJP: “I mean, look, just a couple of things. And,…
	pic.twitter.com/2svPyQ6BRk

	— Curtis Houck (@CurtisHouck) April 1, 2024

Biden’s Friday proclamation said “Transgender Day of Visibility” is about
honoring the “extraordinary courage and contributions of transgender
Americans,” adding that “transgender Americans are part of the fabric of our
nation.”

A post on the White House X account, published on Easter Sunday, said,
“Transgender Americans are part of the fabric of our nation. On Transgender
Day of Visibility, our Administration honors the extraordinary courage of
transgender Americans and reaffirms our commitment to forming a more perfect
union – where all people are treated equally.”

	Transgender Americans are part of the fabric of our nation.

	On Transgender Day of Visibility, our Administration honors the
	extraordinary courage of transgender Americans and reaffirms our
	commitment to forming a more perfect union – where all people are
	treated equally. pic.twitter.com/ElRf9l62Nk

	— The White House (@WhiteHouse) March 31, 2024

Also on Easter Sunday, Joe Biden’s X account issued a post reading, “On
Transgender Day of Visibility, we celebrate the joy, strength, and absolute
courage of some of the bravest people I know. Today, we show millions of
transgender and nonbinary Americans that we see them, they belong, and they
should be treated with dignity and respect.”

	On Transgender Day of Visibility, we celebrate the joy, strength,
	and absolute courage of some of the bravest people I know.

	Today, we show millions of transgender and nonbinary Americans that
	we see them, they belong, and they should be treated with dignity
	and respect. pic.twitter.com/mhixHV9KC2

	— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) March 31, 2024

And on Biden’s presidential X account, a post published on Easter Sunday
said, “Today, on Transgender Day of Visibility, I have a simple message to
all trans Americans: I see you. You are made in the image of God, and you’re
worthy of respect and dignity.”

	Today, on Transgender Day of Visibility, I have a simple message to
	all trans Americans:

	I see you.

	You are made in the image of God, and you're worthy of respect and
	dignity. pic.twitter.com/ihvsJrXEyd

	— President Biden (@POTUS) March 31, 2024

--
"Pennsylvania, I have a message for you: Send me to Congress!"
        Joe Biden, March 8, 2024