Article <uuh92o$39hib$3@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uuh92o$39hib$3@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-01 (Monday)
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:43:20 -0000 (UTC)

Dimensional Traveler  <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

>The Twilight Zone S5E25 'The Masks' - DVR
>A dying man forces his heirs to wear masks at a Mardi Gras party to
>receive their inheritance.  (Comcast)
>Wealthy Jason Foster is dying and he invites his greedy heirs to a Mardi
>Gras party where they must wear the masks he specially had made for them
>or else be cut off from their inheritance.  (IMDb)

>Trivia:
>This was the only episode of the series to be directed by a woman, Ida
>Lupino. She previously played Barbara Jean Trenton in The
>Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine (1959), which also made her the only person to
>star in one episode and direct another.
>This was Robert Keith's final acting role before his death on December
>22, 1966 at the age of 76.

At the time, the list of female directors was quite short. There was
Ida, and, uh, I forgot. She was a terrific actress but wasn't going to
get leading roles in bigger budget movies, so she talked her way into
becoming a director. She briefly had her own production company. She was
quite good on radio but most of her appearances were highly abridged
movie adaptations.

Should I bother to ask why he didn't just leave his fortune to deserving
charities during his lifetime and minimize the estate he left? Nothing
requires you to leave money to adult relatives.