Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uujji5$3u8o2$1@dont-email.me>

From: Nyssa <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What's Your Favorite Government Expenditure?
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2024 08:54:30 -0400

shawn wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 18:14:40 -0400, Nyssa
> <Nyssa@LogicalInsight.net> wrote:
>
>>BTR1701 wrote:
>>
>>> Just taking a little poll here. What is you guys'
>>> favorite part of the recent $1.2 trillion federal
>>> spending bill?
>>>
>>> Is it...
>>>
>>> (1) $850,000 for a gay senior citizen home in
>>> Massachusetts; or
>>>
>>> (2) $15,000,000 for Egyptian college tuitions; or
>>>
>>> (3) $400,000 for a group that helps teens hide their
>>> gender from their
>>>     parents; or
>>>
>>> (4) $500,000 for an anti-racist nature appreciation
>>> group at the San
>>>     Diego Zoo?
>>
>>I choose:
>>
>>  (5) None of the above
>>
>>Nyssa, who doubts she's the only one around here who
>>will choose (5)
>
> Yes, but you aren't a politician. These are almost
> certainly deals that were made to get various politicians
> to sign on to the deal. It's one of those nasty sausage
> making things that are part of the process that no one
> likes.

I certainly am *not* a politician! :P~~~~

So what is there about common sense and prioritizing
items on a budget (when said budget is already causing
red ink to flow like the Mississippi River) that seems
to be removed from every person in or running for a
public office?

Normal people and businesses can't operate that way
and survive for very long before their financial
world collapses. Why should a responsible government
be run any differently?

Oh, yeah. That "responsible" part seems to have been
misplaced at some point. :/

Nyssa, who can't run her budget the "tax and spend"
way since she doesn't have the power to tax or the
nerve to spend the way government does