Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uupu0i$1kthk$1@dont-email.me>

From: Your Name <YourName@YourISP.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: News: The All New! NEW!! QUANTUM LEAP Cancelled After 2 Seasons by NBC
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 11:29:39 +1300

On 2024-04-05 22:23:46 +0000, Your Name said:

> On 2024-04-05 21:52:38 +0000, Ian J. Ball said:
>>
>> As per Deadline:
>>
>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/quantum-leap-canceled-nbc-2-seasons-1235877093/
>>
>> I imagine this will p*ss some people off, as the way I heard it the
>> show ended on a cliffhanger.
>
> They usually do end like that when cancelled, rather than being able to
> reach a planned ending. If a show's fans are lucky, they do get a
> conclusion via a feature-length episode (or more than one) or via
> novelisations, but for most shows it is simply a case of "game over"
> and the show's makers move on to something else.
>
> Despite what some people in Hollyweird like to claim, a show's /
> movie's fans are completely irrelevant to anything, especially on
> regular TV where they aren't paying anything to watch it. It's solely
> about making money for the fat cats at the top - not "enough" money
> being made to satisfy them, and the show / movie gets cancelled.

Of course, it's no different in any other big business. The Sanitarium
company here in New Zealand is planning to stop making some of their
breakfast cereals (and cut some jobs), mainly because they don't want
to spend the money upgrading the equipment that makes it versus how
much they make selling the cereal. Meanwhile the fat cats in management
get bigger and bigger pay packets and bonuses.

Similarly, the government has told many of their organisations /
departments that they need to save money, so some are firing actual
workers rather than cutting the obscenely excessive management salaries
and bonuses.