Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uurujd$26es8$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-05 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 09:51:57 -0700

On 4/6/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:

> What did you watch?

Yesterday, I got through a soap, and a Tubi movie!

soaps: GH - Thur's ep. Several good scenes in this one with Allie Mills
as Heather Webber (I think I now prefer Mills to Heather's long-time
portrayer Robin Mattson), who now seems to be "normal" thanks to the
treatment of her cobalt poisoning. But when Dr. Kevin consults with
Alexis about getting Heather's charges vacated due to previous unknown
unforeseen circumstances, Portia goes over the moon and makes a scene
with Kevin, Alexis and Laura all witnesses. Dr. Terry thinks Tracy is
depressed, so Tracy decides to go back to riding. Sasha and Cody
successfully make a dinner for Dante's homecoming when Olivia gets
distracted. Josslyn is shocked and put off balance when she discovers
that Dex is applying to be a cop - it looks to me like he's wearing her
down!! Curtis triumphantly walks into Kelly's/Bobby's with Trina and a cane.

Prey for the Bride (Tubi) - A 2024 "Tubi original"!!
    This was OK, though I found it sort of unpleasant, especially
earlier on.
    Really, based on the casting/premise, there really were only two
"twists" possible here, and unfortunately, they went for the more
obvious, less interesting one.
    I did kind of appreciate the ending here, as it was kind of the only
possible acceptable ending.
    This was filmed pretty well - much better than the average Lifetime
flick. Tubi is only 720p, but I expect this flick would have looked
quite good in 1080p, and maybe even in 4k.
    Aussie actress Megan Peta Hill is starting to look kind of old - she
seemed to me to look noticably older than the rest of the cast (except
maybe Jacky Lai). Even Google won't tell me Hill's age, but I've got to
think she's in her mid-30s by now, and looks it.  [shrug]. Still, I like
her, and wouldn't mind seeing some more of her over on this side of the
Pacific (it looks to me like she's mostly relocated to the Western
Hemisphere c. 2015 anyway...).