Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uus8jp$2914c$1@dont-email.me>

From: Arthur Lipscomb <arthur@alum.calberkeley.org>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: What Did You Watch? 2024-04-05 (Friday)
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 12:42:39 -0700

On 4/6/2024 9:51 AM, Ian J. Ball wrote:
> On 4/6/24 1:30 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
>
>> What did you watch?
>
> Yesterday, I got through a soap, and a Tubi movie!
>
> soaps: GH - Thur's ep. Several good scenes in this one with Allie Mills
> as Heather Webber (I think I now prefer Mills to Heather's long-time
> portrayer Robin Mattson), who now seems to be "normal" thanks to the
> treatment of her cobalt poisoning. But when Dr. Kevin consults with
> Alexis about getting Heather's charges vacated due to previous unknown
> unforeseen circumstances, Portia goes over the moon and makes a scene
> with Kevin, Alexis and Laura all witnesses. Dr. Terry thinks Tracy is
> depressed, so Tracy decides to go back to riding. Sasha and Cody
> successfully make a dinner for Dante's homecoming when Olivia gets
> distracted. Josslyn is shocked and put off balance when she discovers
> that Dex is applying to be a cop - it looks to me like he's wearing her
> down!! Curtis triumphantly walks into Kelly's/Bobby's with Trina and a
> cane.
>
> Prey for the Bride (Tubi) - A 2024 "Tubi original"!!
>     This was OK, though I found it sort of unpleasant, especially
> earlier on.
>     Really, based on the casting/premise,

What's the premise?

there really were only two
> "twists" possible here, and unfortunately, they went for the more
> obvious, less interesting one.
>     I did kind of appreciate the ending here, as it was kind of the only
> possible acceptable ending.
>     This was filmed pretty well - much better than the average Lifetime
> flick. Tubi is only 720p, but I expect this flick would have looked
> quite good in 1080p, and maybe even in 4k.
>     Aussie actress Megan Peta Hill is starting to look kind of old - she
> seemed to me to look noticably older than the rest of the cast (except
> maybe Jacky Lai). Even Google won't tell me Hill's age, but I've got to
> think she's in her mid-30s by now, and looks it.  [shrug]. Still, I like
> her, and wouldn't mind seeing some more of her over on this side of the
> Pacific (it looks to me like she's mostly relocated to the Western
> Hemisphere c. 2015 anyway...).

I watched:

The First Omen (theatrical) New horror movie that is a direct prequel to
the 1976 "The Omen."  It is set in Rome in 1971 and tells the backstory
behind where "Damien" came from.  While it seems a bit of a retcon I
guess it can be said the movie is clarifying details that were only
guessed or assumed before.  But it does at least make it clear why/how
priests and nuns had Damien in the first place at the start of the 1976
movie and they knew *exactly* what they had and what they were doing.  I
also have the recommend the movie's very effective trailer that doesn't
spoil anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4xk8yLiFwM