Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uusn5i$2caab$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: TV news for March 30-April 6, 2024
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2024 16:51:14 -0700

On 4/6/24 4:07 PM, shawn wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Apr 2024 15:18:27 -0700, "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> On 4/6/24 2:37 PM, Robin Miller wrote:
>>
>>>       ABC news
>>>

>>> ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 21 By ABC  (April 2)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/greys-anatomy-renewed-season-21-abc-1235874176/
>>
>> I'm quittin' unless Jo comes back!!  ;p
>
> What do you mean comes back? She's not going anywhere.

All the main long-term casts' contracts come up right now. While I
expect nearly all of them to reup, you can always one expect one or two
surprises from people who don't re-sign. I doubt it would be Jo, but you
can never be sure...

>>> ‘Tulsa King’: Frank Grillo Joins Season 2 Of Paramount+ Series  (April 4)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/tulsa-king-frank-grillo-season-2-1235876246/
>>
>> This may actually get me to check this out...
>
> You should. I quite enjoyed season 1 of the show.

These days, it's mostly a "time permitting" situation...`

>>>       Streaming service news--Prime Video
>>>

>>> ‘Gen V’ Season 2 Production Delayed Following Star Chance Perdomo’s
>>> Tragic Death  (March 30)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2024/03/gen-v-season-2-production-chance-perdomo-dead-1235872453/
>>
>> At this point, I think the odds that we ever see a second season of this
>> series are incredibly low...
>
> I'm not sure about that but not for at least a year if it does come
> back.
>
>> Instead, I expect some of the characters to pop up in season #4 of "The
>> Boys".
>
> That's possible.

Likely. I've already heard rumors about it.

>>>       Ratings
>>>

>>>       The business of TV
>>>

>>> Bob Iger Says Netflix-Like Password Sharing Plan On Disney+ Will Start
>>> In June ­Update  (April 5)
>>>
>>> https://deadline.com/2024/04/disney-streaming-password-sharing-netflix-bob-iger-1235818554/
>>
>> What - No news on how Disney cheated their way through the shareholder
>> Board vote?!
>
> They aren't going to talk about that. We will have to see what happens
> in 2025 when there is almost certainly a repeat in the runup to the
> vote.
>
>> I do love how this means that Disney is totally f**ked going forward! -
>> They are DOOMED!!  [ha ha ha ha]
>
> I don't want them to be doomed. I want Eiger and company to change
> their ways and concentrate on making good movies/shows that the
> viewers want to see and quit worrying so much about DEI. If you want
> to test that out then pick a movie/show and put your DEI and marketing
> efforts into that show/movie and see if it can draw in new audiences.
> If it can't then putting DEI forward as the most important agenda for
> any new show or movie seems like a horrible idea.

Once a leadership has shown they can't hack it, they need to be replaced
- there is almost no chance they learn from previous mistakes. And Iger
has now f**ked up *twice*, so I doubt he's changing his ways...