Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uuuqp5$2ulks$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: Selected programming for April 6-8, 2024
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 12:05:09 -0700

On 4/7/24 9:39 AM, The Horny Goat wrote:

> On Sat, 06 Apr 2024 15:12:07 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> In article <l7dtjfFf34cU1@mid.individual.net>,
>> Robin Miller <robin.miller@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> A Model Murder     (movie)       (8 pm, Lifetime Channel)
>>>
>>> Web model Kara Woods begins to get disturbing messages from one of her
>>> fans, causing her to seek help from a security influencer, Cody
>>> Valentine.
>>
>> A security influencer?
>>
>> Seriously?
>
> So stupid question - what's a security influencer? Deputy Bubba with a
> pistol and billy club?

In Lifetime parlance, an "influencer" is anyone who posts to the
internet, esp. those with the equivalent of a YouTube or TikTok (or
Instagram?) channel. It's a recurring bit for their films...

Ian  (My favorite recent one of these is "Confessions of a Cam Girl"
where Megan Best gets all slutted up online on her
YouTube/TikTok/Insta/whatever channel to try to pay for her internship
in Paris!!)