Article <uuv028$217ni$2@dont-email.me>
Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uuv028$217ni$2@dont-email.me>

From: zen cycle <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.tech
Subject: Re: bike light optics
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2024 16:35:19 -0400

On 4/7/2024 1:26 PM, AMuzi wrote:
> On 4/7/2024 11:54 AM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
>> On Sun, 7 Apr 2024 12:25:03 -0400, zen cycle
>> <funkmasterxx@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> bullshit. Constitutional originalists  - those claiming _such_ things as
>>> "original Constitution had a better ethos" come up empty when reminded
>>> that racism and misogyny were quite literally written into the original
>>> version. Sure, when asked about the 3/5ths compromise they say 'oh,
>>> yeah, except for that', then when asked about giving women the right to
>>> vote they say 'oh, yeah, except for that'.
>>
>> Only fools believe the 3/5th compromise was a racist thing.  What it
>> was an attempt by the non-slave states to reduce the politcal power of
>> the slave holding states, who wanted to count all the slaves.
>>
>> Yeah, the slave states wanted to count them all.
>
> Exactly, as anyone who has read in the period knows.

Maybe you should try reading in the period then.

from The Federalist papers, #54
"The federal Constitution, therefore, decides with great propriety on
the case of our slaves, when it views them in the mixed character of
persons and of property. This is in fact their true character. It is the
character bestowed on them by the laws under which they live; and it
will not be denied, that these are the proper criterion; because it is
only under the pretext that the laws have transformed the negroes into
subjects of property, that a place is disputed them in the computation
of numbers; and it is admitted, that if the laws were to restore the
rights which have been taken away, the negroes could no longer be
refused an equal share of representation with the other inhabitants."

yeah....that's not about race at all.

You should know better than to follow the lead of a willfully ignorant
dumbass.