Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv3i1u$8rf6$1@dont-email.me>

From: FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Re: "Speak Out Loudly Against This Evil": Internet Erupts Over Biden
 Declaring Easter "Trans Day Of Visibility"
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 10:06:52 -0400

On 4/5/24 2:21 PM, The Horny Goat wrote:

>>> That's my entire point.
>>>
>>> (Though to be fair Ramadan is a month long and this year is from March
>>> 10 - April 9 whereas Good Friday and Easter are both single day
>>> Christian days though Easter is the highest of all Christian "high
>>> holy days" even above Christmas.
>>
>> You ever heard of Lent?  It's a 40 day observance, so it beats Ramadan
>> for length.
>
> And outside the local congregations Lent isn't exactly a major event.
> Something like the way one minister I know put it concerning Easter:
> "Friday isn't important without Sunday"

Recovering Catholic here... Lent is the most important fast for
Catholics for the whole year.

The Easter Holiday is the holiest of the entire year.  Way more
important than any of the others.  The resurrection is literally the
center of Christianity.

--
"Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a man’s mind." - OC
Bible  25B.G.

Gracie, age 6.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0es3xolxka455iw/BetterThingsToDo.jpg?dl=0