Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv3r0e$aiiu$1@dont-email.me>

From: Crash Gordon <uucp@crashelex.com>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: Re:Eclipse
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 11:39:42 -0500

On 4/9/2024 5:07 AM, Martin Brown wrote:
> On 09/04/2024 02:48, Martin Rid wrote:
> The very last 0.1% obscuration makes all the difference.
> They are truly awe inspiring and I can see why eclipse chasers do it.
> Everyone should see one if they possibly can.

I traveled from the Chicago suburbs to Kansas City to see the '17
eclipse.  Clouds kicked in about 5 minutes before totality but I got to
see the darkness fall, cicadas started up, etc.

This time I stayed home.  They'd been saying we were to get 94%
coverage, but my shadowbox images don't appear to show anything near
that -- more like maybe 70% at most.  I could see the character of the
sunlight got kind of gray, but that was it.

One of the local TV weathermen went to the center of the track, and was
literally in tears on the air.  I thought it was neat but not neat
enough to create emotional turmoil.  Granted I didn't experience totality.

--
I'm part of the vast libertarian conspiracy to take over the world and
leave everyone alone.