Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv41a1$c8a8$3@dont-email.me>

From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk@chinet.com>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: Censorship of books in libraries
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2024 18:27:13 -0000 (UTC)

Is the left or the right winning the race to the bottom on censorship?

Once again, I make the distinction between curriculum and books in
school libraries. The former might be subject to complaints of
inappropriateness by parents as it's mandatory. But reading books in
school libraries is optional so leave book selection to profession
librarians and not parents.

That's not the law in Missouri. Librarians can be subject to fines and
imprisonment for sexually explicit material on bookshelves.

A graphic novel adaptation of The Handmaid's Tale was withdrawn due to
one panel depicting a rape. The high school library decided it was in
violation of the law and withdrew it.

https://apnews.com/article/book-bans-libraries-lawsuits-fines-prison-0914fa6cbb2a99b540cbbd28a38179b4

Looks like the right is winning. What books are censored on the left?