Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv84jh$1itgh$1@dont-email.me>

From: RonB <ronb02NOSPAM@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Why Python When There Is Perl?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 07:48:01 -0000 (UTC)
 <l68nhdFoi1bU4@mid.individual.net> <utnpao$1o32m$6@solani.org>
 <l6a00fFtmmgU4@mid.individual.net> <utqa6m$klt3$1@dont-email.me>
 <l6cb59Fal3tU2@mid.individual.net> <utt23i$1qnhe$1@solani.org>
 <utt3mu$1qnhe$2@solani.org> <l6evbpFmo10U2@mid.individual.net>
 <utvav1$1rr8s$1@solani.org> <uugdc1$32hhs$8@dont-email.me>
 <uuhkqc$2bup$1@solani.org> <uuj0r4$3phh2$3@dont-email.me>
 <uuk1uc$395q$4@solani.org> <uunich$vbtu$5@dont-email.me>
 <l793f4FmthfU4@mid.individual.net> <uuno31$14iih$1@dont-email.me>
 <l79fbiFp0ueU1@mid.individual.net> <uuore0$1cbiv$4@dont-email.me>
 <uurm5a$24fko$4@dont-email.me> <uuu8bt$2qil1$1@dont-email.me>
 <uuvfvk$33asi$2@dont-email.me> <uv0nq8$3g3ae$4@dont-email.me>
 <uv4t34$mrvr$2@dont-email.me> <uv603l$unqn$3@dont-email.me>
 <l7nvafF800U2@mid.individual.net> <uv80kp$1i06k$1@dont-email.me>

On 2024-04-11, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@nz.invalid> wrote:
> On 10 Apr 2024 17:07:27 GMT, rbowman wrote:
>
>> Better have some regulations on rope, pantyhose, or whatever else can
>> be used to hang yourself.
>
> The gun nuts do love to conflate constructive tools with destructive
> weapons, don’t they?
>
> Constructive tools have peaceful, productive uses; destructive weapons
> exist only to cause damage. When a gun is causing destruction, injury and
> death, it is only working as designed.

And the reason the founders of our country allowed us to own guns was to
enable us to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government. That's a
constructive use of a gun. Also hunting, thereby feeding your family, is a
constructive use of a gun. Also self-defense, defending yourself or your
family (or others) from a thug is a constructive of a gun.

You could say the same thing about knives. We use knives for preparing food,
but they can also be used for killing people. Does that make knives "evil,"
because evil people misuse them?

Or cars. Are cars evil because thugs purposely drive them into crowds of
people?

The answer is putting violent criminals in jail BEFORE they kill, whether
with a knife, gun, car, poison or whatever they use. We now mollie coddle
dangerous felons and allow them back out on the street instead protecting
their victims.

And the fact remains, people who want to commit suicide will find a way to
do it. And suicide is not the same as murder.

--
[Self-centered, Woke] "pride is a life of self-destructive fakery, an
entrapment to a false and self-created matrix of twisted unreality."