Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv9lnt$1td30$3@dont-email.me>

From: DFS <nospam@dfs.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: GuhNoo: World's Biggest Technical Leecher
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 17:46:38 -0400

On 4/11/2024 11:33 AM, Chris Ahlstrom wrote:
> DFS wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties:
>
>> But as noted, GuhNoo just stole everything they could from Unix: the
>> file layout structure, the utility names and functionality, and even the
>> incorporation of 'Unix' into their silly recursive name.
>
>      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Project
>
>      Richard Stallman announced his intent to start coding the GNU Project in a
>      Usenet message in September 1983.[9] Despite never having used Unix prior,
>      Stallman felt that it was the most appropriate system design to use as a
>      basis for the GNU Project, as it was portable and "fairly clean".

The basis for that last sentence comes from:

https://stallman.org/stallman-computing.html

"I never used Unix (not even for a minute) until after I decided to
develop a free replacement for it (the GNU system). I chose that design
to follow because it was portable and seemed fairly clean. I was never a
fan of Unix; I had some criticisms of it too. But it was ok overall as a
model."

What an insufferable lunatic prick: "I was never a fan of Unix", but
I'll spend years cloning it and ask others to do the same.  wtf?

There's a shitload of flame and troll material at that
'stallman-computing' link.  The self-important, egotistical blowhard is
too strange for words:

* "the injustice of nonfree software"

* "I never pay for anything on the Web, because that generally requires
    running nonfree Javascript code in my browser."

* "I stopped using it [the OLPC] because the OLPC project decided to
    make their machine support Windows, so I did not want to appear to
    endorse it by visibly carrying it around."

huh?

With that massive belly, he clearly and shamelessly endorses gluttony
and obesity.

  >      In 2001, the GNU Project received the USENIX Lifetime
Achievement Award for
>      "the ubiquity, breadth, and quality of its freely available redistributable
>      and modifiable software, which has enabled a generation of research and
>      commercial development".

I may deserve the USENIX Flame award for my near 20 years of tireless
work on cola.  Vote for DFS!