Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uv9o6a$1u6r2$1@dont-email.me>

From: "Ian J. Ball" <ijball@mac.invalid>
Newsgroups: rec.arts.tv
Subject: =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_Robin_sez_=E2=80=9CIan_have_you_heard_the_word=3F?=
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 15:28:26 -0700

On 4/11/24 1:08 PM, anim8rfsk wrote:

> https://deadline.com/2024/04/swat-renewed-season-8-cbs-1235882068/
>
> ‘S.W.A.T.’ Lives On: Once-Canceled Series Renewed For Season 8 By CBS
>
> By Nellie Andreeva
> April 11, 2024 12:00pm
> 'S.W.A.T.' For Season 8
> 'S.W.A.T.'
> CBS
>
> S.W.A.T. is not ending after all. Beating the odds a second time, the
> action drama has been renewed for the 2024-25 season, with Shemar Moore set
> to continue as star and executive producer. I hear Season 8 will consist of
> 22 episodes.

As you know, I literally can't post articles from Tu/Th job, so of
course Robin is going to beat me!

That out of the way, I'm flabbergasted they've "uncancelled" "SWAT" a
second time. (Is it really going "OK" in the ratings by this point?!!)

Especially, because season #7 was specifically commissioned to *properly
end the series*!!

So, now what are they going to do?!!

My guess? - They "reboot" this will an all new cast in S8, except for
Shemar Moore, who I'm guessing will now be in charge of an all new
"SWAT" team.

Doing this allows them to have season #7 "count", while also cutting the
costs on casting going into season #8 (an all new cast of newbies should
come cheap!!).

Regardless, this is beyond perplexing!