Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvaemp$262nk$1@dont-email.me>

From: Bill Sloman <bill.sloman@ieee.org>
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.design
Subject: Re: A Complex Metaphysical Conundrum
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:52:25 +1000
 <bfbg1jlhl64s1e1osmer73qmb6796lk6hj@4ax.com>

On 12/04/2024 4:38 am, Cursitor Doom wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2024 14:02:56 -0400, "Edward Rawde"
> <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> "Cursitor Doom" <cd@notformail.com> wrote in message

>>> They're students so of course they don't do anything useful.
>>
>> Is that because you don't teach them how to do anything useful or because
>> they don't want to be taught how do anything useful?
>>

> Sorry, you're new here so you don't know who's who yet. I'm not a
> professor - far from it! And these are hypothetical students.

This leaves out Cursitor Doom's unique selling point, which is a
devotion to particularly fatuous conspiracy theories.

His take on anthropogenic global warming is spectacularly perverse -
he's happy to ignore the modern - accurate - data on atmospheric CO2
levels which started being collected in 1958, on the basis that it was
part of a long-standing conspiracy to frighten the public into
supporting lots of academic climate scientists.

This rather ignores the fact that actual anthropogenic global warming
didn't become statistically significant until the late 1980's so the
conspiracy would have taken a long time to pay off.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney