Deutsch   English   Français   Italiano
<uvb2he$h8nt$1@paganini.bofh.team>

From: Android Owner <android@google.com>
Newsgroups: comp.mobile.android
Subject: Re: app to read a book to me on an airplane
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 10:31:10 -0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2024 09:13:05 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

>> I have a few ebooks in PDF (and other) formats.
>> Is there a simple to use free app without ads that will just read the book
>> to me
>
> Not all PDF pages are rendered in natural order (i.e. top down, left to
> right order for Western script) some can be effectively random
> characters sprinkled onto the page in the required places, I doubt a
> reader would handle them well ...

These are all epub books in a variety of epub formats, not just (text) PDF.
Most are in mobi but some are azw/azw3 (only a few are in (text) PDF).

They are designed for readers.

I'm hoping to find a good voice output reader that speaks the entire book
(without having to select every single paragraph, which is ridiculous) to
my wired headphones for the trip on the plane.